redo of previous "Fore Shame"

ad0lescnts

hello,
My band redid a song I posted here a while back called "Fore Shame." I was hoping you could give me some feedback.

Thanks a lot for all replies
T

Last edited:
Sorry man. Tried a few different ways, and still couldn't get the file. I'll check back when someone figures it out :(

hey-remember me-im the guy who heard the ozone on your last post heh-anyway---I like the tune-cool tempo changes-nice how the toms are in stereo--the snare hmmm-sounds like a phase problem-a sound i recognize i assure you-how do you record drums? the tune is interesting and rocks-but it sounds like it's missing high end across the board-another sound im familiar with-try the ozone eq-and push up your high end- that might add some sparkle back. just an idea.

not sure where your link sent me too-but there was a link there to your bands page-in case anyone else cant get there.

yeahh i added a lot of high end in ozone...i guess i could add more. This version is re-mastered, the one on the regular page is old o : i dont really know how to point out phase problems... I have a phase changer button thing on my pre amp but i wouldnt know when to use it! ) : thanks a lot...

T

Im confused--did i listen to the right version? Cause as i said your link lands nowhere...

Edit--Ok I got it-copy and paste the whole line---this sounds better-but similar-I still think you should add more high end-try an upward shelf starting at about 4-5k and crank it up- dont be shy..Of course if someone else tells you different I would trust them. You should probably edit your original post and fix that link-or this might die a quick death--and theres alot better advice to be had here than mine. Good luck

Last edited:
ooops! sorry i fixed it.

i did add about 5.5 k more high end...usually my mixes dont end up like this.. hmm.

any other comments anyone??

thanks Stratomaster

T

sounds great.....in the begining every time the drums roll the beat lags?...is that intentional?....mix sounds real good.
i like the changes of pace ...really keeps yer attention...the breakdown is cool...nice panning on the drums...they could stand to sound a bit beefier....but thats just my taste..the guitar work through out is very cool.vocals too.....

nice job
i like it!

jamal
:)

Fairly rocking song; the guitars sound ornery, and there are many things going on...

About the lack of highs: now, not to discredit any info you've gotten thus far, but in my limited experience (and maybe mix, Track Rat, or even Bruce could back this up)...

...don't boost things with EQ that aren't there already...

This has proven to me to make a decently recorded set of tracks sound wooly, and unclear. A good test is to solo a track, like the bass track, and boost the highs during playback... somewhere around 10k... hear that? Unpleasant, wasn't it?

Seems more important when seeking highs to 1) use a good mic 2) use a good pre/board 3) use proper micing technique 4) record in a nice sounding room

Yeah... these come before the actual "mixdown"... so it could be moot for you at this point. If it's impossible to retrack the drums and vox at this point... you could add a shaker track... or possibly a cymbals-only track, using a good clean signal path...

This song may have already reached the point where it's mixed as good as possible; i don't know... when mixing anything--salad, alcoholic drinks, tracks... you get what you put into it. EQ/FX aren't a magic wand... salad made with poor ingredients won't taste like it came from a 5 star restaurant if you just throw some ranch on it.

thanks for the replies. i need to pay more attention to detail.

and the singer is tuned... i ran it through antares... ?

T

Back