Recording on an iPhone can you tell me how it sounds?

Nola

i took the link down 'cause i'm working on a new version.
thanks for the feedback everyone

Last edited:
hi everyone can you tell me how this iphone recording sounds? https://soundcloud.com/nolanso1/only-an-answer-original-demo

it's the mic on the iphone just one track so i can't change anything. i didn't have access to my equipment because my landlord locked me out, so this is all i had to work with.

the song is an original that i wrote many years ago and my friend helped me sing.

thanks everyone

dude, get your apartment situation figured out, lol. i'd like to hear this with your friend as an actual recording. i mean, it sounds like what it is...a song recorded on an iphone. as always, good songwriting and melodies. but no mix comments since it isn't mixed at all...you know? you guys need to balance out when you sing with your full voices - not sure why you're both holding back so much in it. both good singers when you are fully singing.

dude, get your apartment situation figured out, lol. i'd like to hear this with your friend as an actual recording. i mean, it sounds like what it is...a song recorded on an iphone. as always, good songwriting and melodies. but no mix comments since it isn't mixed at all...you know? you guys need to balance out when you sing with your full voices - not sure why you're both holding back so much in it. both good singers when you are fully singing.

thanks andru. we recorded it late at night on the porch so we had to be quiet or the cranky neighbor would have come out.

I was wondering if i had to redo it on better equipment or this was good enough to get it across, but i guess we have to redo it. do you think it's okay to use only acoustic guitar or should it have a bass and drums?

Sorry about your domestic situation. Hope you get it sorted out. Link isn't working.

Sorry about your domestic situation. Hope you get it sorted out. Link isn't working.

Thanks Robus everything got sorted out. I paid rent so I don't know what the heck. The landlord was being weird and I guess there was some misunderstanding.

I don't know how the link got deleted either does soundclound randomly delete them sometimes? i never deleted it so that's weird. I uploaded it again. I think based on what andru said i have to record it on real equipment and sing louder and better. I just don't know if i should do a full instrumentation next time or if acoustic guitar and vocals is okay.

woh 14 seconds after reuploading it two bots liked it. i guess i found my fanbase.

Well the accompanying story makes me appreciate the song so much more haha. Damn dude that's cold, it's almost Christmas.

I think it sounds perfect for what you're going for. Really dig the laid back vocals, not sure how you always do that so well.

If you do happen to have separate tracks for vox, I'd probably pan them. I might try some more stuff too but it might ruin the aesthetic you got going, maybe best to just leave things be.

Nice tune. :)

thanks for the feedback easlern.

i was learning toward redoing, but maybe not i dunno. if i redo it i guess i'm torn on whether to do it as a full band sound or just acoustic guitar. you seem to think acoustic works. i kind of agree but in the back of my head i always want to do things electric and full band b/c that's how all the bands i grew up listening to did it. if i do it as a full band i'm stuck with drum machines and amp sims, though, which stinks. getting locked out and stuck on the porch kind of limited what i could do because all i had was a phone, and i learned that's a good thing sometimes 'cause it keeps the decisions simple.

Yeah man it's gonna be real hard to get back to that place you were in when you recorded it first time. Having been recording for a while I'd say it's good to keep this kind of recording around for yourself, these kind of moments you wanna keep. Although that's just me, fool for nostalgia maybe. :P I bet it could work great with full backing too, no doubt there.

it's good to keep this kind of recording around for yourself, these kind of moments you wanna keep. Although that's just me, fool for nostalgia maybe.

I have a ton of crap I wish I'd saved. Actually, I had 4 cassettes from 1993, when I first started writing. All recorded on a boombox with a 4-pad drum machine too. God I wish I had that stuff. I drew "album" covers and a track listing and everything. Save it.

Yeah man it's gonna be real hard to get back to that place you were in when you recorded it first time. Having been recording for a while I'd say it's good to keep this kind of recording around for yourself, these kind of moments you wanna keep. Although that's just me, fool for nostalgia maybe. :P I bet it could work great with full backing too, no doubt there.

thanks easlern i agree. i'm gonna keep it but try to redo it.
my friend is coming over soon and bringing some better equipment so i'll see what happens.

Back