Ready to go - Mix

Hey Simon! Really cool production. The bass seems to overpower the rest of the mix for me. The vocal in the beginning seems pretty quiet and the vocal in the "ready to go" part right after seems a bit loud. Might need some leveling there. I think really if you got the low end tamed it'd really open up. Such a cool song. The guitar I'd probably bring up a bit too. I think if you get the levels just right you'll be like 95% where you want it. Great song.

I like the vocals on this. I normally dont like EDM vocals...but I think you achieved a kinda "lo-fi" quality to it that sounds really good to my ears.

Now...this bass thing is really loud. I would lower it a lot and bring the rest a bit up.

I hope I helped!

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I will take care of those things.

Do you think I should tame the bass with an EQ or just turn it down?

the synth with tremolo is too loud, it makes it distracting to me, try turning it down only when you sing, it will make your vocals more upfront and present, it feels like everything is in the centre as well, there's not much width or panning going on, it's almost mono sounding in fact, which is unusual because synths are almost always stereo.

Turning down vs eq: I like to turn down the bass until it seems like it's gonna go out of balance with the drums. Then I use eq on the master. The kick can have a lot of bass too so you wanna be sure you don't miss that one, hence the eq on the master. I don't know if this is the best workflow but it works pretty well for me.

Before starting though I think it's best to compare your song to a similar song by an artist you like, and use that as your guide. What seems like a lot of bass to us might be okay for certain styles. But if you're imagining this on the top 40 morning drive show, I'd bring down the bass, that's usually the format I'm imagining when I comment.

thought the bass was fine for the genre. come on guys, it's EDM! it's supposed to dominate. the bendy-instrument could come down a hair, just barely though. It's supposed to be the lead during the breaks, i understand, but a touch down wouldn't hurt.

i like the vocal breaks, but the melody could be a little stronger. catchier. make the listener look forward to that section rather than it just being a break for the hell of it.

really good otherwise, to my ears

edit: your next track (cold cash?) autoplayed after the this one. that one is well mixed too. good vocals as well. nice man

I really like the breakdown parts....cool stuff. I agree the Bass is passable for this genre. It is the overall bottom end that sums it up.....

Consistent with the genre IMO.....

Mix sounds pretty close to me....I

i like the vocal breaks, but the melody could be a little stronger. catchier. make the listener look forward to that section rather than it just being a break for the hell of it.

With vocal break you mean the part with the vocals that's between the synth parts?

Also, how would you suggest to make the synth sound more stereo? Yes, it's pretty mono at the moment, except for a little bit of reverb maybe that's on the master bus.

Pretty cool. I thought the intro was a little rough, and when the beat first kicked in, it didn't quite have the impact I would have liked, but once it settled in, and I settled in, I was digging the bass, drum and synth combo...fun and tight. I'd be trying to create a bigger contrast at the beginning there, where the intro was mellower and around :22 the beat would have a more bombastic introduction. Just what I'd want there anyway...

Vocals could probably come up some? I'd like 'em louder myself.

Mix seemed a little dark overall to me...you've got a strong, thumping bass/drums combo, and then synths and vocals occupying mids and high mids, but I wished there were some more hi frequency sounds to balance that out...cymbals or effects or something. Could maybe just use more variety in the arrangement, but it's cool as is and it was a fun listen.

Pretty wilds sounds there. The vocal is expressive but sounds pitchy in places. Don't know if that's an issue for you or not. Something about the pacing of the song left me unsatisfied. All the breaks have less energy than the rest of the song. I was waiting for something to cut loose and deliver more energy. It feels unfinished to me.

Back