Re-mix

It's MUCH better than when you had it drowning in reverb. The vocals sound very much like a live performance. A couple of parts go out of key. If you want more of a studio sound you'll have to work A LOT more on the vocals. It's real pain in the butt though. As it is it has a real nice old timey sound to it now. I like it man. I like it. :D

It's a lot better than the first mix. There's a little boxiness on the vocals. Could be room ambiance. I'm hearing some low frequencies in the vocals that are keeping it from settling into the mix as well it might. I'd suggest a high pass down low (maybe 100 Hz?), and possibly a narrow cut to reduce that boxiness. You'll need to solo the vocal and sweep around a bit to find the right frequency to cut. I'm not experienced enough at mixing to be able to offer useful suggestions.

Music is much better. Sounds really good on first listen. The vocals are also better, still stand too far out. They do not blend with the music enough. They have too much presence. Try rolling off the low frequencies or using a high pass filter like Robus suggested. Go extreme at first so you can hear what it does, then start bringing those frequencies back slowly to desired taste.

agree with Bruthish. the music is great, really well done. It almost sounds like you're singing over a recorded cd, ha. that's how far apart the music is from the vocals. they need EQ work, for sure but you could do it with the song playing, and not only in solo. the nasty frequencies will stick out if soloed or not.

i could listen to this kind of stuff all day. nice tune

Back