raw mix, acoustic based song, mix questions

GONZO-X

raw mix, acoustic based song, mix questions

this is one of eleven, to be on my new cd release.

"High Time"

unmastered mix, dithered to 16 bit and then to 320kbps mp3.

how is this translating?

i really wanted the bongo track to be well represented, but now i think it's simply too hot.
bass guitar, i spent time rolling the low end off with HPF trying to get it to complement the acoustics, still need feedback on that.
slap back on vox's, but reverbs on guitars, does this blend well enough?
i rolled off a good bit of the high end off the reverb, and the delay.......

You are a talented mother fucker.

I'm on cans, so take it for what it's worth...I think it all sounds fantastic. What did you do for the acoustics? Type of guitar? Mics used? They sound so clean, it almost could be a modeled acoustic, but all of your tracks are clean.

Vocals are great. I really don't have anything constructive to add, but wanted to let you know that it's very well done in my amateur opinion.

Yes, Gonzo sir. Just as most always this sounds really great to me on my sound system. KRK 5's. Not much, but still a reference. This is one of my fav's of yours BTW.

I'm sure you will let us know when the CD is out, right? :D

chris harris
thanks man, i appreciate the kind words.
the acoustic used on this, is a Taylor 414.
taylorvh.jpg

the mics, are several: Shure sm57, AT4033, ADK Hamburg.
it's just an issue of getting the gains right, plus i track with external compression (DBX MC-6), and i get as close to the guitar as i can, with the mics.
placement is key.

trumpino1
thanks man.
good to know it's translating thru the krk 5's, i use krk rokits to monitor on, as well as a few boomboxes and a couple of sets of headphones.
will let you know...... hopefully, SOON!!

Back