The Raven

Hi Adam,
I sort of felt like I was in a haunted mansion gone pop. Your panning and mixing made it interesting, but I'm wondering, is this song about Edgar Allan Poe's raven? When I finished listening to the song, that was the question looming about my head.

I love Salesman's Block - barbershop style. Do me a favor, if you ever make that into a full length song, let me know. I would buy it. So, I guess the irony is that you created a song about not being able to sell anything, and now someone wants to buy a copy of it!

Hi Adam,
I sort of felt like I was in a haunted mansion gone pop. Your panning and mixing made it interesting, but I'm wondering, is this song about Edgar Allan Poe's raven? When I finished listening to the song, that was the question looming about my head.

I love Salesman's Block - barbershop style. Do me a favor, if you ever make that into a full length song, let me know. I would buy it. So, I guess the irony is that you created a song about not being able to sell anything, and now someone wants to buy a copy of it!
Thank! Yes, this is a modified version of Poe's "The Raven" set to the cliche classical piece "Fur Elise". I'm glad you liked Salesman's Block. I was toying around with the idea of making that into a full song. If I do, it would likely be free to anyone who wanted it. Thank again! :D

-Adam.

What's going on with Soundclick? I had enormous trouble with my own link last night now Adam's link sent me to three different places.
I arrived eventually.
Furry Lisa!
Certainly better than Lou Reed's magic tragic sleepfest (He peaked at Berlin).
A def change in vocal style Adma - a bit more of you? Very good job.
Have you given up on "real" instruments lately?
I have a GREAT version of Annabelle Lee recorded in 1972 by a semi pro group in Audtralia - Poe is viable seed for musical propogartion.
Oh, did I say I like this? If I didn't, I do!

Last edited:
Great! Classic meets pop!:)
Very good Adam, once again your talent shines thru and you have so many years of great music in front of you. No nits about the recording, sounds excellent.

Joey:):):):)

What's going on with Soundclick? I had enormous trouble with my own link last night now Adam's link sent me to three different places.
I arrived eventually.
Furry Lisa!
Certainly better than Lou Reed's magic tragic sleepfest (He peaked at Berlin).
A def change in vocal style Adma - a bit more of you? Very good job.
Have you given up on "real" instruments lately?
I have a GREAT version of Annabelle Lee recorded in 1972 by a semi pro group in Audtralia - Poe is viable seed for musical propogartion.
Oh, did I say I like this? If I didn't, I do!
Thank you Rayc. I don't know what's up with soundclick. I haven't had that trouble. As for vocal style, I guess I just do what I want according to each song. I don't even change it consciously. And as for real instruments, no I haven't given up on them now. I play them all the time. There are just some things that I want to sound electric/robotic and fake. Sometimes I go for the exact oposite. Sometimes I go 50/50. Anyway, I'm glad you liked it. Thanks! :D

Great! Classic meets pop!:)
Very good Adam, once again your talent shines thru and you have so many years of great music in front of you. No nits about the recording, sounds excellent.

Joey:):):):)
Thanks dude! You're too kind! :o

-Adam.

Cool! I really like your vocal style, sounds a little McCartneyish....quirky yet catchy...evrey time I hear a version of "Fur Elise", it sticks in my head for hours :rolleyes:.... with this version, thats not a bad thing at all ;).Nice work!

Cool! I really like your vocal style, sounds a little McCartneyish....quirky yet catchy...evrey time I hear a version of "Fur Elise", it sticks in my head for hours :rolleyes:.... with this version, thats not a bad thing at all ;).Nice work!
Thanks Queepy! McCartneyish huh? Wow. That's a cool comparison! :D

-Adam.

Nice job,

Really haunting. When I heard the melody I thought it was a little corny at first but if definitely grew on me. Very clean mix. Nice work!

-jD

Back