Rain

Bulls Hit

I got some good feedback on this jam when I posted it a couple of months ago. I've tried to incorporate all of the good suggestions and added some vocals. I'm interested on the relative levels and if you can hear stuff clearly.
It's rained pretty much constantly here for the last 3 months, hence the theme

Last edited:
I dont think I heard this on the first go around..
Man, it is very powerful in the bottom end. It really rocks and is very original and unique.

I wouldn't change a thing

Killer tune!

Sounds cool to me-I remember the instrumental version and i think you fit the vocals in well. You have to struggle a bit to make out the words but that's ok-it draws you into the mix. No complaints about the mix, love the big drum sound!

It sounds good, but the drums are absolutely crushed sounding...haha. Is that a 'saw wave' in the keys? It's a bit harsh at 35-45 seconds and each time that part repeats.
The sounds are new and interesting, and I like the use of chromaticism around the 1:20 mark phrase. I wish there were more dynamics in the piece and less compression overall.

Guitars sound great. Huge low end.

Not much wrong with this. It sounds great.

I assume you don't want the vocal to be super up front. It's a bit covered up.

jimistone - Thanks for the listen and the good words jimi

Mack Caster - Cheers Mack!

K-dub - Thats good. Clarity is good

Stratomaster - Yeh the vocal is a bit indistinct in places and checking back I'd applied a high shelf filter which was making for some dullness. Thanks for checking in again

9 strings - Appreciate the listen, just not sure what you mean by 'implemented'? I like the possibilities though

Nola - Yes it's a sickness and one day I may find a cure for the urge to compress the drums. :) But I don't really want to as it's as close as I can get them to sound like the do in the room. Other than that there's not much compression. Yes there probably is a saw wave in there - the synth lets you blend saw, sine, triangle & square and experiment until you find something ear bleedingly offensive, and then my job is done! Thanks for the feedback Nola

TripleM - Thanks for checking it Trip. I wasn't consciously trying to push the vocal back but that seems to be the end result. Ironically I'm less embarrassed by these vocals than any I've done for a while. Cheers man.

Robus - Thanks for the listen

frank1985 All I can suggest is give it another 3 or 4 listens and it might start to make sense :) Thanks for the spin

fuzzsniffvoyage Look I can't be held responsible for what you may get up to at home, but I'm happy to play my part in whatever small way I can :D

Back