Put on your arranger's cap ...

K-dub

Background vocals? Or leave it clean, as is. Tracked by me and my band a couple nights ago.

Last edited:
This is really cool. So different. I love the tempo change or is it half-time? I like it the way it is but I do think adding some backing vocals(female maybe?) it would set it off even more.

This is really cool. So different. I love the tempo change or is it half-time? I like it the way it is but I do think adding some backing vocals(female maybe?) it would set it off even more.

I think so too ... particularly the change at the end. 3 part background oooh la la las or something similar.

We DID go back to retrack this. We pushed the rhythm in the transitions, and ... eventually laid down triad vocals at the vamp out. It's the same song ... just played differently. Thoughts?

It needs some backing vox as fills. Shoop shoops or the like, syncopated on some lines, almost in time with the lead fill electric guitar. IMHO

i agree with shack, add the extra side melody in the bridge piece could work.
the horns can fill in the backing on the verses but its there on the end, so it would be worth a try to add a few where the horns hit.
easier said than done no doubt.

putting on the arrangers hat was an interesting thread title.:eatpopcorn:

i agree with shack, add the extra side melody in the bridge piece could work.
the horns can fill in the backing on the verses but its there on the end, so it would be worth a try to add a few where the horns hit.
easier said than done no doubt.

putting on the arrangers hat was an interesting thread title.:eatpopcorn:

I did already add the aforementioned three part harmony at the end. I'm trying to "hear in my mind's ear" what the other harmonies might sound like. I'm intrigued by the idea, but to my mind, they should create a "push groove" and not just, "Hmmm why did that get stuck there?" in the verse (where the horns hit). (Perhaps "Ahs" on top of the horns and "Shoops" to end the phrase?)

In the middle bridge, I DO hear a Beatlesque harmony (Ah -- la la las), and will try to put some phrasing together the others can sing. We've two that can sing in upper registers and one that can reach it via falsetto.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Back