Public Mix Contest #7

Markaholic

Hello all

Time for round #7 of the Public Mix Contest as requested.

Rules:

No altering of material-as always!

Downloads Start Today 12/29/04

1/06/05 - Last Day for Downloads
1/13/05 - Last Day For Entries
1/20/05 - Winner will be announced

Details

14 tracks
Rock Tune.
Wave format
Took from a project my band did a little over a year ago for a demo when we just got into the "recording our own material" stage.

NL5 has graciously hosted the 1 big wav file of 185mb's..but it wont be back up until about 7:30 EST so please dont try before then !!!

Let me know if anyone needs them seperate and ill talk to NL5 and we will work something out.

http://www.nlrstudio.com/files/pmc7-Above.zip

EMAIL
psychomanz@hotmail.net

We are still looking for judges so leave a pm to me or NL5 and reply here if interested.I could judge too if no one steps up..but i am by far the one you want to be souly judging as i only rank in the middle (if not lower) on these contests !! LOL

Sorry for all the mix ups

Have Fun!!!!

Last edited:
Markaholic said:
Downloads Start Today 12/29/04

1/06/05 - Last Day for Downloads
1/13/05 - Last Day For Entries
1/15/05 - Winner will be announced

Well, that has to be the shortest timeline yet! You ahve got to stretch it out a bit. One of my main reason for not wanting to judge this round is because I was only given 2 days to judge the last round. You really need to give judges more time. Mixers too. Mixes are due in two weeks. Stretch it out a little. You will have more participation, and the judges won't feel rushed. If memory serves me correct, the first couple of contests took about a month. :eek:

Raw-Tracks said:
Well, that has to be the shortest timeline yet! You ahve got to stretch it out a bit. One of my main reason for not wanting to judge this round is because I was only given 2 days to judge the last round. You really need to give judges more time. Mixers too. Mixes are due in two weeks. Stretch it out a little. You will have more participation, and the judges won't feel rushed. If memory serves me correct, the first couple of contests took about a month. :eek:

so what do you propose...?..2 weeks to mix and 1 week to judge?...i only went by how the last one worked..time frame wise...but it dont really bother me! in all honesty..1 week to mix 1 song is fair...and 1 week to judge..i redid the initial post.

Last edited:
I have a 4 day weekend and I was going to lock myself in the basement.
Now I have no excuse and have to spend time with my relatives.

Am I the only one here who doesn't know what happened?? :confused:

I was looking forward to some new tracks.... Something in the Rock or Hard Rock/Metal vein would have been cool for me.... I'm still mucking around w/ Mix Contest #4.... :eek:

Markaholic said:
so what do you propose...?..2 weeks to mix and 1 week to judge?...i only went by how the last one worked..time frame wise...but it dont really bother me! in all honesty..1 week to mix 1 song is fair...and 1 week to judge..i redid the initial post.

I think there should be a good two weeks for people to download the tracks and mix. Judges should get at least 5 days. Yes, 1 week is plenty for most people to mix that song. But, in order to get maximum participation, you need to be more accomodating to people schedules. If I don't have the first week of January to mix, I may have the next week.

Anyway, it looks like this is all pointless now, it looks like somehow, in the middle of the night, this all went to shit. Could someone maybe PM me and let me in on what happened?

Yeah this sux.. I finished mixing it last night. At first I didn't know if I liked the song, or the tracking but it grew on me and challenged me to get the drums working. Bummer... the song kinda has a Danzig feel to it.

Hey People. Lets be cool. When you host a contest you find out how time consuming it really is.

That is why I bowed out of hosting PMC 7 9Not to mention this flu bug or whatever really took me out. )

Lets not sweat the guy and his rules, but rather when it is your turn to host a PMC you set your rules for yourself.

We all have opinions, but if we lose sight of respecting others.....

Now with that said I do believe more time is needed to judge as most of us either have jobs or have studios with regular clientele. My contest was short judged due to the holidays ONLY!!!!!!

So Dont beat up the guys who give their time to give us some fun.

:confused:

Soooooo....
Is this the official song for PMC 7 or not?

Was there a problem with the download?

Hopefully this can start reverting back to 'fun' and, in the immortal words of David St. Hubbins (or was it Nigel Tufnel?), 'we can do without all the mucky-muck' :D

Talk to us Mark...

It looks like he took the contest down. He can re-upload them if he wants, but we may need to find a new contributor..... :(

Well, I'm eager to work on some new stuff.. I've been recording (first-timer) with a not-to-enthousiastic buch and there are still things to be recorded and edited... the slow progress is killing me. I wanna focus on somthing else to be able to see if I've learned something in the past months..

well if everyones cool with it and NL5's server is still up..ill throw it back up...i just didnt want to get bashed like the previous hosts did!..im not insulted or pissed..so please dont take any offence!

The files wont be back up until about 7:30 EST so please dont try before then !!!

Well... if we are going to go forward with ths song... here is my 1st pass... any critique is welcome.

Back