• Rock

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Rap/hip hop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Acoustic

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Experimental

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I dont give a damn Finster. Just put up the next contest!

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xfinsterx

Hey all.

These files are in 44/16
There are two sets of files
1.Mac users is aiff's that have been stuffed(stuffit)
2.Pc users is wav's that have been zipped(zip)

The download dealine is 8/25/04
The entries deadline is 8/31/04
The winner will be announced 9/5/04

The contest judge will be Bruce from Blue Bear Sound.

This is a basic drums, acoustic gtr,bass,vox setup.
The songs bpm is 112.00. So feel free to remix, add/subtract, whatever.

The artist is a female christian folk singer that im recording for free as a fun little side project, so i didnt take the greatest care in tracking :o Just kinda threw some mic's on her. I got her permission to use the song for this competition which was very kind of her! :)

Giles117 will be graciously putting up an Alesis 3630 as the winners prize!
Just have fun mixing and learning!
Simple eh? ;)

www.geomana.com/~new_audio

Good luck!

If you have any questions mail me at chris@geomana.com

Last edited:
finster....you rule man. so do you giles. Another contest?? I'm SO in. I love this stuff. It gives me more experience!!! Good luck to everyone! :D :cool:
I'll start as soon as this hurricane passes!

Ok, I'm definately lovin this site. lol And yes I will have my stuff together this time and post in time to at least enter this one. Giles and Fin very awesome you guys are even taking the time to do this. (appreciate the hell out of it) opps I really shouldnt say that,,, Im recording a gospel group the 20,21st so I need to clean my act up. But I do appreciate the heck out of it. Heck I could always use another compressor but even more the that is the experience:)

Thanks fellas
Eddie :)

Yes, verry cool :) These things are a great method for us to get more exp and be able to win something aswell :)

I'm done :)

No offense, but that is possibly the ugliest bassline I have heard in a while (sorry ;)) So I redid it myself.

The guitar and the snare didn't make me too happy, and there's a minor timing error in the guitar part somewhere.

Enjoy:

Halion said:
I'm done :)

No offense, but that is possibly the ugliest bassline I have heard in a while (sorry ;)) So I redid it myself.

The guitar and the snare didn't make me too happy, and there's a minor timing error in the guitar part somewhere.

Enjoy:

Yeah! Ya like that?!
:D
I pumped that bass line out in like 2 mins flat.L0L!
I just earballed what key it was in, di'd it and stuckit on there! :p
I just wanted to start the contest asap.
Sorry if it sucks. :o
But really, since you know the BPM, and the guitar chords are easy to figure out..Man you could really just keep the vocal and remix the whole song if you wanted! :)
Thats what im doin ;)
But im not competing so, im just gonna go ballistic with it!!

Last edited:
Cool, thanx giles...
But uhm i couldnt get the link to work>?

But, anyways the next mix contest we have is gonna be REAL different! :cool:
Youre gonna be mixing(drum roll)

Raging Death/Screamo metal!

My band Amongst us is gonna be pumping out a raw jam just for Contest#3! :) (heres a link to give you an idea>>
http://www.amongst-us.com/music.html

Best of luck to all of you!
:)

I'm in

Here's my effort. Spent a few hours on this but wasn't very happy with the kit spillage so focused my attention on the vocal. I really like the vox. What mic was used? Didn't really have a problem with the bass, though I may have it a bit too deep sounding for some tastes. Enjoy.

Alec

Starlit sky HiFi

Starlit sky Download

LemonTree said:
I really like the vox. What mic was used?
Alec
]

It was a BLUE Dragonfly into the focusrite voicemaster alec.
Ill have to check out yours and halions mixes later.
Gotta get back ta work! ;)

Peace

xfinsterx said:
Yeah! Ya like that?!
:D
I pumped that bass line out in like 2 mins flat.L0L!
I just earballed what key it was in, di'd it and stuckit on there! :p
I just wanted to start the contest asap.
Sorry if it sucks. :o
But really, since you know the BPM, and the guitar chords are easy to figure out..Man you could really just keep the vocal and remix the whole song if you wanted! :)
Thats what im doin ;)
But im not competing so, im just gonna go ballistic with it!!

First of all I'd like to thank you for seting up the specific dates so now we're "all on the same page"

The only thing I would change, if it's actually a contest of mixing ability, is to say these are the tracks you must use, other wise Someone could, just like you said, replace pretty much everything, (of course you could just judge the quality of the vocal track), anyway I'm really glad your doing this because above all it is a great learning experience. I'm thinking of posting something for people to mix, but I'd have to post MP3's because I only have 10MB to work with.

Back