"Promise You I'm Gone"

Nice-Cool to hear you accompanying-tasty stuff. Mix sounds very good, the vocals are out front but the performance justifies it, very soild singing. I like the stacked harmonies really adds alot. I really can't find anything to criticize, the vocals are a little forward at times for my taste but overall this sounds excellent, both in sounds and performance. Where's the guitar solo? seems like a great progression to play over, but i guess the song is already close to 5 minutes? Save the solo for the live performance! Great job!

I really like this version.

Just a couple really tiny nits for me.

There are a few fills right in the first verse (~:24, :34, :45) that seem like they're almost a beat late, and end up stomping on the start of the vocal. I'd try to see what happens if they began as the previous line tails off, instead of after it's over. And, right at the end, around 4:19 the guitar just anticipates the vocal and takes away slightly from that phrase when I really want to be hearing what she's singing. I'd think about moving the attack, or perhaps let it swell in after the vocal there.

But, really, a nice song and the vocals kill. Professional sounding mix too.

Can't really add to the mix comments. I'm learning to listen for the changes suggested. The performance, both vocal and instruments, is great. Lots of feel all over the place! This is the kind of recording that takes you back to a spectacular live performance. Keep 'em coming.

Nice song and nice mix. Great vocal performance. Haven't heard "real singing" in so long almost forgot what it sounded like. Really good job.....

i really like the vocals.. especially how it comes in at the start, but the guitar is a little loud and competes with it. Perhaps automate the guitar and vocals at the intro to blend. Nice and crisp sounding though, edgy. Reverb on vocals has OK level for me...this kind of song calls for that, IMO

I thought this mix was pretty spot on, great job! The only thing missing is a nice warm low end to fill the gap and warm the tone of the overall mix.

It should hum to the melody but not to abbrasive, just enough to feel it.

Reference: dodge charger stock stereo system

Nice tune and IMO the voice sits nicely in the mix and seems well recorded.

The backing vox sounds nice too but could use even more layering to give a full choir feel. But maybe thats just the gospel and The Cars fan in me speaking :D
I do find that the guitar licks early in the song is a bit too distracting and that the piano sound is lacking some "depth"or "3d". Same applies to the drums. Are they programmed?

Back