Post YOUR favourite song!

My favourite song I wrote is Snapshots. It took as long to write as it takes me to sing it.....it really wrote itself. Still need to do a good recording of it. Only ever did a live demo with flubbed lyrics. One for the future.....and yes, that is me, full of flu! :thumbs up:

Anyone that can sound good with just a mic, guitar and a voice always get immediate respect. Good tune.

YES!!!! Entropy, Baby!

I forgot about this one. I just love this tune. It's a total 180 from your current work, and not the kind of stuff I normally like (Fugazi is maybe the closest to this that I own/like), but I just love the raunchy, raw tones...it just sounds perfect to me man.

You were already pretty on top of things before you got here. My recordings from prior to being here for a least a few years were all giant steaming piles of poo.

Calling Kip, Clean, Heat, Elton...who else?
I reckon we spam the clinic with country covers again! That was good fun last time!
I wana redo 'help me make it through the night' willie nelson stylie. Upbeat version sucks. :(

DM. I also hadn't listened to anything from you before.
It's not a genre I'd look for but you've a really professional sheen going on there! Sounds great.
Can totally see it in a game or film.

Yeh that's real nice, wicked finger picking. I think the first tune I heard from you was Shipwrecked. Thanks man, this is a super awesome tune too. I knew you guys wouldn't disappoint. :)

Thank you for listening. I think Shipwrecked was the first song of mine you commented on.

My favourite track of mine that I have recorded is Walking In The Rain. I like the song but I had real good fun recording and mixing, recording instruments I'd never recorded before.

On my phone and struggling to post a link but it can be found via my signature if anyone is interested. Soundcloud and Galaxy S no likey worky!

Calling Kip, Clean, Heat, Elton...who else?
I reckon we spam the clinic with country covers again! That was good fun last time!
I wana redo 'help me make it through the night' willie nelson stylie. Upbeat version sucks. :(

DM. I also hadn't listened to anything from you before.
It's not a genre I'd look for but you've a really professional sheen going on there! Sounds great.
Can totally see it in a game or film.

It is actually for the mind to make its own movie or scene and travel to the unknowns.

My songs are all over the place. Since I don't have to do this for a living I am trying to stay genre/box free. ;)

YES!!!! Entropy, Baby!

Sheesh thanks guys. Now these are like the song equivalents of goofy baby pics to me, but of course I really loved 'em at the time...I was just looking at my computer and I have 22 songs from this band...The 2001 stuff was done in a real studio, the 2005 tune was my first attempt to record the band myself. IIRC, there was a thread here once for members to post old embarrassing recordings. My most embarrassing stuff is still on cassette, but I've sometimes wished someone would start that up again so I'd have an excuse to convert a few of 'em.

I also remember fondly the "post a cover of another member's song" thread. I didn't take part at that time cuz I wasn't participating in this forum much, but that's another thing I sometimes wish someone would resurrect. I'd do it myself, but don't want the responsibility of maintaining the thread... :o

My recordings from prior to being here for a least a few years were all giant steaming piles of poo.

Um, LINK PLEASE??

Last edited:
Thanks, voices courtesy of NASA, beep courtesy of Sputnik.

I love space sounds. I did a thing with auroral kilometric radiation once. I like that these things are recorded by the coolest nerds who listen to infinitely more interesting and complex stuff than I do all day.

Of course i bastardised it.

Thank you for listening. I think Shipwrecked was the first song of mine you commented on.

My favourite track of mine that I have recorded is Walking In The Rain. I like the song but I had real good fun recording and mixing, recording instruments I'd never recorded before.

On my phone and struggling to post a link but it can be found via my signature if anyone is interested. Soundcloud and Galaxy S no likey worky!

There you go. Mobile phones suck, except when you're lost or need to call an ambulance. Yeh, cool man...I like Walking in the Rain too. You got your new studio set up yet, or what?

There you go. Mobile phones suck, except when you're lost or need to call an ambulance. Yeh, cool man...I like Walking in the Rain too. You got your new studio set up yet, or what?

Haha, cheers.

No, no studio yet. Still waiting on solicitors to pull their fingers out. Should hopefully be complete in a couple of weeks.....the wife is going mad at the solicitors every day now and we've got the estate agents on their case as well. Fingers crossed.

Won't be long 'til I'm making music again. Time without a studio has given me good time to write lots though, so I have plenty to do in the future :thumbs up:

I love space sounds. I did a thing with auroral kilometric radiation once. I like that these things are recorded by the coolest nerds who listen to infinitely more interesting and complex stuff than I do all day.

Of course i bastardised it.

I am very visual when I make music, I can see this starting so many directions. The first that came to mind was an explosion of sound. Not loud, but full or a drum rhythm building up after the first wave at the end, or ... yea, cool start of something. Something like this is where the acoustic can tie you into something bigger.

For me a tie between -

A Dylan song I covered - Don't think twice

and

The L&N don't stop here anymore

For me a tie between -

and

The L&N don't stop here anymore

The Dylan tune was great. The L&N is really good, but since I live in Blue Grass Country, I hear that a lot. Good stuff.

For me a tie between -

One of my all time favourites! VERY VERY nice. :)
I do a start to finish harmony when I listen to the original recording. Just lends itself soooo well.

Funny how you don't miss the screetching, piercing, over-the-top, relentless harmonica parts.....
Who knew?!

My favourite song I wrote is Snapshots. It took as long to write as it takes me to sing it.....it really wrote itself. Still need to do a good recording of it. Only ever did a live demo with flubbed lyrics. One for the future.....and yes, that is me, full of flu! :thumbs up:

That's really cool Mr Clean, nice video - liked the Shins references in there too.

That is a hard one. I have several I like, but I one that I really like to listen to. It is just music and isn't great, but every time I listen to it and am pleased I created it.

You've got some nice stuff on your soundcloud page dm60, just having a listen now - really enjoyed 'The Burn of Love' :)

Back