To the point

ManInMotion711

Ill cut to the point. I recently left a band i was in and im rerecording all the music that i wrote, This has been up here before but this is a completely different recording. If anyone could give it a listen and tell me if the drums seem well balanced id be grateful. Scratch guitar track in the mix aswell didnt bother doing anything with it. Feed back please!!! :D :D :guitar: View attachment I should have known.mp3

Ill cut to the point. I recently left a band i was in and im rerecording all the music that i wrote, This has been up here before but this is a completely different recording. If anyone could give it a listen and tell me if the drums seem well balanced id be grateful. Scratch guitar track in the mix aswell didnt bother doing anything with it. Feed back please!!! :D :D :guitar: View attachment 80508

Come on guys, 160 views in 22 hours and i cant get a single comment, not even so much as a ___ is to high or, " this suck "

The drums have some timing issues that need to be fixed. The bass drum doesn't sound too bad, but the snare drum sounds really boxy and needs quite a bit of eqing. The cymbals don't sound that pleasent either, but I might not notice in a full mix. The toms seemed a bit weak too. The balance itself isn't terrible, but the tone needs a lot of work. I don't know exactly how you're doing things, but it sounds like the problem could be your room. Anyway keep working on it and good luck.

Come on guys, 160 views in 22 hours and i cant get a single comment, not even so much as a ___ is to high or, " this suck "

That's how it usually works.
The majority of the views are either guests through google or crawlers.
Give it a day or two before you start getting upset. :)

Is the kit electronic?
The guitars sound very thin and fizzy to me. That's usually a sure fire indicator that your gain is too high and the amp volume is too low, or you've taken a line out/used a modeller.
You did say it's a scratch guitar though, so fair play.

I agree with the comments on the drums, but I'm not convinced they're acoustic at all.
Let us know.

Drums arent electric at all.

Wow. I can't put my finger on why but they sound like they're out of a roland module to me.
The kick and snare are very dry and boxy sounding like Chandler said. Maybe that's all it is.

Fire up some info about your kit, mics and setup. Maybe some of the regular drum guys will chime in.

Who knows...maybe they'll kick dick in a proper mix.

Its a vintage pearl kit. 24' bass drum, 13' snare. As far as mics i use glynn johns technique, mic on the snare pointed at the middle of the skin, bass drum mic half way in off center pointed at the beaters, one over head mic right over the kit, another over head to the left pointed at the hi hats equal distance from middle of the snare to avoid phasing issues. I have a CAD pro-7 mic system

Back