Plz Check Out Reboot of "Look Into the Devil's Eyes"

Crazy Luke

Here a song where I reworked the lyrics and hopefully brought forth a better mix of. New song with an old school vibe. Please critique.

Attachments

• Look Into the Devil's Eyes (MM v) Master 2.mp3
    9.2 MB · Views: 10
The kick is probably a little too huge, especially during the first verse.

It kind of sounds like there's this big gap between the kick and the guitar which is just empty. It's probably your bass. It's rattley and quiet.

Vocals sound good. Cool lo-fi, acid hair metal vibe to them. I might double check their levels tho. It seems they're popping above the vocals in a few passages and buried in others.

I like the riff guitar sound. They sound good when they turn into rhythm guitars too. They might have just a bit too much low end. There is too much of the low end given to the guitars and not enough given to the bass.

Vocals sound good. But they're buried in some spots. You might want to try to compress them a little harder. Double tracking them might sound cool. Harmony vocals would be nice in the chorus.

Drums sound mechanical.

Like the lead playing. And tone.

Yes, check the vocal levels...I would also cut a swath for the vocals so they fit easier. Side chain is your friend (especially if you have an MBC that can be side-chained.) Find your vocal frequencies and set the crossovers to the low and the high and compress just the part of the spectrum where your vocal lies out of the guitars/strings/etc. You can even automate the frequencies to follow if you want to take the time to do so...
Solo is phenomenal, but sounds almost synth at points. Great metal guitar tones throughout!
The first couple of stick hits are too quiet.

I agree with the kick, little too much and the bass seems absent. Pure production note, I think the vocals should be a bit closer to the rest of the music. Good pipes. I think if the vocals came down, the other instruments may come through a tab better.

Well, you sure can rip. My only nit on that is, while very good, hell great, but is it enough to stand out? I say this since this is pretty much main stream hard rock. Crowded field to stand out in. Normally I would never say something like that for most songs on here, but you're so good, I thought it was worthy of the talent. So don't take as a negative, but something someone would tell you if you were trying to get to the next level.

Good stuff man.

Hey TM, VHS, BH, and Cleared - Thanks. The intro is supposed to be a build up, so that is why the kicks may be a little loud in the beginning. The guitars are bottomy, because I used "Not Even Slinky" thick gauge stings, but I can hi-pass them if you think it is necessary. I'll try riding the vox fader better too for the next go around.

Back