Please tell me which mix you prefer, mine or a pro's mix of the same song!

dejhantulip

Hey everyone!

I would like to kindly ask all you guys to vote on which version of the same song you like best between two options:

Mix #1 : soundcloud(dot)com/orlando-nunez/training-lyndas-mixing-a

Mix #2 : soundcloud(dot)com/orlando-nunez/training-lyndas-mixing-a-rock

After the votes I will reveal which one is my mix and which one is the pro's mix! Basically this is the result after mixing BEFORE watching the video from lynda's training website.

Anyways, I really hope to see some opinions on these mixes, I tried to level-match them so I think the judgement should be really on your side!

I hope to get some votes in for MY mix!!! Any and all comments are more than welcome!!!

Thanks!

ORLANDO

For soundcloud, you don't need 10 posts, just go to the Go Advanced Menu and use the soundcloud icon.

Mix #2 sounds brighter, more radio-friendly and less powerful. Mix #1 is darker, has much deeper bass and mids. From a musical standpoint, the brighter mix suits the musical style better. However, I personally prefer mix #1, even if it lacks some clarity and presence.

Both are good versions.
But I like version #1 is better. It has better focus on vocals. I start listening the song and forget to analyze it. With version #2 it disturbs me that the high frequencies are somewhat uncontrolled, they are all over.
Version #1 sounds little bit too compressed to me. Version #2 has nicer dynamic range for my ears, it's not too compressed. It's the high frequencies of version #2 why I prefered version #1

If I had to pick I'd probably pick mix #1. It has a bass. Mix #2 almost buried it - at least in spots. Mix #2 did better with the clean guitar and some harmony vocals. And Mix #1's bass has some low end boominess issues. But Mix #1 was a fuller mix. The distorted guitar sounded better.

Back