Please listen to my track and give some honest feedback - I will do the same for you

TheRealWaldo said:
Please don't turn this into an mp3.com forum for boosting up your p4p!

W.

Just to let you know I'm not a part of the PAS so I don't get any money for plays so it doesn't matter to me how much plays I get. I just want feedback.

CZ

Not my personal favorite as far as style, but It has the basics for some good stuff, meaning if you added some Nsyncish vocal harmonies and hooks along with that dance groove it would be hot. Its very similar to the backing tracks that Madonna uses, I did the low fi because of my lil 28,800 modem, but also, it translates low quality music into horrible music. If I listen at low fi, and like it then it usually only gets better. I like the lushness of the keys and the beats are simple leaving enough room for things to breathe some, my 2 and 5 year old were digging it big time, if their dancing, the music is hopping. Im not too familiar with dance instrumental music so I always imagine what kinda vocal or guitar can be inserted. So, yes I Like it.

Peace,
Dennis

Not my strong point but, I did listen to your latest and I've the following impressions.

I was impressed by the control of your arrangment and mix. It had a defined build.

You showcased some cool technical skills and used them in hot spots.

On the longing side, I was wanting a new element at about the 3 min mark. I wanted a stand out sound or something to bring the whole drive home. In short, I started to make up my own additions (not that I would presume to be able to complete them!).
Maybe give this, already pumping parade, a sonic tattoo

Still, I will reiterate that this genre is not mine.

Peace,
theron

atomictoyz said:
Here is the link
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/314/dennis_d_whitney.html

Its not mainstream instrumental. Revelation and from out of egypt are the one I worked on more, March of frogs is fun..

Thanks,
Dennis

I listened to Revelation and I must say as I've played guitar myself a few years back that you seem to handle your baby well... :) I gave up playing since I saw my finger moved much better on the synth keys that on guitar. I wanted to play solo's like you but just didn't have the energy to keep practising them.
Anyways, Revelation seems pretty good.

Onto to next song...

From out of Egypt is another good display of your guitar handling skills. Nice solos man. :)

Onto the next song...

March of the Frogs seems pretty original. I think the title fits the mood well. Keep up the good work! :)

Club Zero

Thanks Clubzero for your nice comments, I was trying to dump the MP3.com, someone suggested using nowhereradio, but netscape won't load it, it sits and the page just never finishes loading.... Thanks again and Keep up the good work....
Peace,
Dennis

Some versions of Netscrape will not load the initial page on NoWhere, the new version (due to be released in the next couple weeks) is full Netscrape compatible.

It's due to a bug in the Netscrape rendering, one that they decided not to fix. So, all of us coders have to deal with it.

Clubzero, as far as the 'breaking up', it's probably rebuffering because your connection got congested. This happens when your connection is not quite up to snuff. Also, if you are playing back in hi-fi vs. lo-fi, you have a much better chance of hickups occuring, plus, the upload by each artist can be of higher bit-rates.

I.e. there is some hi-fi playback on NoWhere that is 256kb/s, which even a damn good cable connection could have trouble playing back properly. This will be addressed in the new version, whereas streamed playback will be limited to 128kb/s.

Stick around for the ride guys, I'm only one man, and all of this is coming out of my own pocket (has been for 2 years). I'll give mp3.com a run for their money yet...

W.

IM uploading to nowhereradio right now, I bypassed the start page and went straight to the sign-up page and were off an rolling :0), Im only putting a few songs up instead of the whole album at mp3. Whew.....

Thanks Waldo :0)

Peace,
Dennis

Hey, no worries. I'm thinking about building in a feature that will automatically grab the mp3s from a page of your choice.... I can build one easily now that will grab from an FTP site, but still working on the HTTP grab.

This'll save all that uploading time...

The new interface is a hell of alot easier to use as well. Make sure you keep your eye on it :)

W.

Back