Please Listen to my Latest Mx of Psych Knife and Critique

Crazy Luke

I (inho) am close to finishing this metal CD of 10 songs. Here is the 2nd song called "Psych Knife." Please let me know what can be tweaked on this.

Attachments

• Psych Knife (M-42).mp3
    8.8 MB · Views: 13
Something in the guitars is holding back from being full-sounding. I think it might be the gain. As in, they need more. A nice, Mesa type high end presence sheen would be perfect, but the guitars seems high passed around 5khz, and there's no gloss over the top.

just my opinion. more guitar gain and top end in them. really good otherwise. great vocals Luke.

I listened to this last night. I think the mix is very good. Performances are very good too. This is heavier stuff than I normally listen too. I only said that to say this...I'm probably not the best one to critique this genre because I'm not really familiar with what it's supposed to sound like.
That being said, I think you nailed it!

I listened to this last night. I think the mix is very good. Performances are very good too. This is heavier stuff than I normally listen too. I only said that to say this...I'm probably not the best one to critique this genre because I'm not really familiar with what it's supposed to sound like.
That being said, I think you nailed it!
Thx, jimi I liked your latest submission as well.

Holy loudness batman. Considering the volume the mix is holding together very well. Good tight playing for sure, everything is audible and distinct. The drums seem a little too out front to me when the high singing starts-maybe the guitar volume dropped there? Just nitpicking-really sounds finished to me. Single note guitar stuff really jumps out of the speakers, cool sound. I got nothing, nice work.

Nice job, dude. Reminds me of King Diamond. I agree with andrushkiwt, the rhythm guitars could have more gain, but still sounds good as is.

OK thx andrushkiwt. I will experiment with more gain on the guitars and repost

hey, don't take my word for it! see what others say, for sure. they just sound slightly dull and i'm not sure if more gain or opening up the top end would do it, but i can hear in my head how nice and top-sheened (i think i just made that up) they'd be.

The guitars need less volume and more gain.

well, there's another for more. lol, maybe try it out. sounds like it's at a 5/10 on the dial. budge that sucker and see what happens. maybe a touch of presence if the gain doesn't provide it? i don't know.

Back