Please give me feedback, before my album goes to master

Cajhmere

Hi people!

I could not delete my other thread, so please be instightful that I opend this new thread. Album was done over 3 years, so I only post the last newest 3 songs. Here is the songs:

Mr. Fluntleys Psybath Experience
Cajhmere - Mr. Fluntleys Psybath Experience | Jamendo Music | Free music downloads

Chronicles of the foreign Planet
Cajhmere - Chronicles of the foreign Planet | Jamendo Music | Free music downloads

Planethippies
Cajhmere - Planethippies | Jamendo Music | Free music downloads

Thanks for your time...

I listened to Mr. Fluntleys...

It was more a soundscape than a song. More like background music.

The synth pads providing the bed chords sounded nice. In fact, I thought all the synths sounded nice.

The disco-y highhats got a bit distracting after a while.

I'd prefer a more natural sounding kick. This one with the heavily scooped mids had that bouncy-rubber-ball sound that I didn't really like.

I understand the soundscape fact. It's not ment to be a dancealbum, not for festivals or clubs. It's ment to switch off the light, bein' located on a bed with headphones on. Ideally with heavy use of agrabatti nagchampa incense sticks in your room. ;)

Goes to 'master'? Why?

Just place the wavs in DAW and make sure output is good. Spacing between songs is right and maybe track start points.

I am not sure what you are hoping to achieve by mastering. Do you have more than these 3 songs?

I like them btw. :)

But I also agree with TripleM. More natural drums if you going for the 'soundscape' thing. Just my personal opinion tho. And what the fuck do I know... :)

When I go to sleep I personally do not like any type of beat. Ocean sounds maybe... No fucking birds!

To each their own tho.

Peace...

Hey there... The album will have 10 songs, just the last missing. The 9th song is not in album view on Jamendo, cos I was not aware you can't add songs, when album is published. Here they are:

Cajhmere - Planethippies | Jamendo Music - Free music downloads

Well, it's the first 9 real songs I ever made. Sure I'm Drummer since the age of 12, was in bands, founded bands, had hardware in the 90's like W30, 303, 808, MS20, Emax II - but in the whole time I never had complete songs. Hard to say, but it is. So this 9 songs is starting from null, what means Peacocks on Acid was done not knowing about layering, depth mixing, sidechain - nothing. With every new song I learned something new and so the album is also kinda inside view over 3 years.

The capital error is, that all effects are insert, but I continued the (maybe) error, to have all songs in same sound.

Master: I have a really good old friend, these days he's a top actor in mastering and I just wanna show him my stuff and if he say it should be masterd, I'll follow his advice.

Why u think, it should not go master? Too bad or too noobish stuff to do a master in the meaning not worth to master?

Wow! This all sounds really good man. I am just wondering why you don't just get the levels right yourself.

Don't get me wrong, most of all my records go elsewhere to get mastered. It just seems like you already got this.

Wow! This all sounds really good man. I am just wondering why you don't just get the levels right yourself.
Umm... Being german I don't get what you mean by this. Could you say in easier words or descripe a bit more?

Don't get me wrong, most of all my records go elsewhere to get mastered. It just seems like you already got this.
Well, if you mix your stuff with 20 € Headphones (simple Sennheiser), you feel a bit like on thin ice. My DT 990 can't be used, cos of the heavy use being a DJ 10 years (put on, put down 1000 timed per evening), the left side is dead. :(

Last edited:
Back