Please give feedback.

That was a great listen. No mix issues. Great voices. Great groove. A winner.

Only thing I'd suggest to put it over the top:

The form is.... Intro/Verse/Verse/Chorus/Chorus/V/V/CCC/RapCycle [Bridge]/RC/RC/C/C/C.....If I remember right.

The only weakness I hear is the lack of a change in the groove to build the Choruses...like a little more sustain on the piano and bass ...a roll forward with momentum in the beat.....some melodic hook playing with the punctuating vocals. That's what I hear in a lot of this music...a nod to good arranging. The dynamic fold in the rapping bridge is great; and the opposite of a fold is what would bump the impact of the choruses, I think....and make the ramp-down to the bridge a lot more effective: a hard, breaking dive. Impact.

A nice piece of work. Fine the way it is. But some arranging art would make it take flight.

That was a great listen. No mix issues. Great voices. Great groove. A winner.

Only thing I'd suggest to put it over the top:

The form is.... Intro/Verse/Verse/Chorus/Chorus/V/V/CCC/RapCycle [Bridge]/RC/RC/C/C/C.....If I remember right.

The only weakness I hear is the lack of a change in the groove to build the Choruses...like a little more sustain on the piano and bass ...a roll forward with momentum in the beat.....some melodic hook playing with the punctuating vocals. That's what I hear in a lot of this music...a nod to good arranging. The dynamic fold in the rapping bridge is great; and the opposite of a fold is what would bump the impact of the choruses, I think....and make the ramp-down to the bridge a lot more effective: a hard, breaking dive. Impact.

A nice piece of work. Fine the way it is. But some arranging art would make it take flight.

Thank you very much! that means a lot to me that you took the time out to check my music out. I am new to the whole recording thing and my knowledge about compressors and all these effects is poor but i have been reading up on it all a lot. I knew it was missing something and I will put that form into use. Again thatnk you very much for you response and time.

I thought the singer was just excellent. I didn't care for some of the synth tones, but that's just a personal preference thing.

I'm on small headphones, and that kick is pounding my ear drums. I can almost bet that on a big system it's going to dominate things waaay too much. I'd turn it down a good 8-10dbs.

Other than that, real good.

Kick gotta be big for the application. Dance. I thought it was pretty much where it oughtta be, compared to what I hear elsewhere of the type. It'll sure shake the doors of the pimped Honda it's being played in...and everybody elses doors and ears... for a block in all directions. I also think this kid is either way gifted with natural instincts, or he's lying about just starting :^)

Ka boom boom CHA. Ka boom boom CHA. Ka boom boom CHA. Ka boom boom CHA. Yo.

Boom boom CHA. Ka boom boom CHA............................

Yeah this is a good song. The only synth i dont like is the rise effect. Its a real common rise. But i only know that because i use Zebra and other synths that have that effect. This sounds like pro work. If your this good and just starting you have a promising musical career ahead of you. Great work!

I think the vox work is what makes this song good, especially the BGV's. I can hear the autotune working, but it's not obnoxious and judiciously used. Cool.

I like Jeff's advice on the arrangement. It's cool he takes the time to comment on that stuff.

Excellent job all around,

I agree about the kick drum, its too far out in front of the sub bass part, they (the kick and bass part) should blend together like one instrument. I think if you just back down the kick a few db this song is ready to go. Good luck with it, no reason you cant get some real exposure with this.

Welcome to HR.

Kick gotta be big for the application. Dance. I thought it was pretty much where it oughtta be, compared to what I hear elsewhere of the type. It'll sure shake the doors of the pimped Honda it's being played in...and everybody elses doors and ears... for a block in all directions. I also think this kid is either way gifted with natural instincts, or he's lying about just starting :^)

Thank you for your response. I have been singing since i was 8 years old. As far as the recording and mixing i only have 3 months and no education on Adobe audition. I just messed around with everything till it sounded good to me. I've read up on a lot but I will be attending Audio production school and audio engineering school soon.

Thank you all for your feedback! It's great that you all took the time out to listen n let me know what your thoughts were on how i mixed everything. I've been singing since 8ys making beats for a while now but as far as the vocal mixing is where im lacking. 3 months into it using adobe audition 3.0. I will be attending school for all of this so that way i know exactly what everything does. Here is a list of what im using. Hp pavilion dm4 laptop 4gigs ram i5 intel, AT2020 usb mic, skull candy headphones, m-audio studiophile av 40 monitors, adobe audition 3.0, Reason 4, fl studio xxl, ableton live, some native instruments, IZotope Ozone 4 plugin (i use the cd mastering preset on final mixdown). and a external hard drive im recording directly to. someone said that that would be good to record to instead of the main drive. Promise | Lewisville, TX | R&B/Soul / Gangsta Rap / Rap | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

267666_1449365972183_1774238567_668251_1491529_n.jpg
here is what ive got. I also have a roland g70 and a motif I want to expand to a desktop but i dont know if i should go with mac or pc.

I want to expand to a desktop but i dont know if i should go with mac or pc.
Makes absolutely no difference as far as recording is concerned.

With your limited resources, you did a fantastic job. Hope to hear more from you.

Maybe I can help a bit:

I was shopping for a new computer. I wanted something with lots of real-time number-crunching ability. I was sort of settled on a 8 GB RAM commercial model at a little over a grand.

I brought my old computer for service to a store-front tech guy...and started talking about what I wanted in my new recording. He built me a custom stack using an intel DH67CL desktop mother board with a CORE i7 intel processor. If you use newer 64 bit recording software, this processor can supply 32 GB RAM. The unit has a firewire port, a sound-card, a CD burner,a bunch of USB 3 and SATA 6.0 GB ports....super fast transfer....and nothing else. With my old Sonar platform, I can use 4 GB of the available RAM in this thing. I have the ability to upgrade to 32 GB RAM just installing a new Sonar version. Something I want to do, soon.

I didn't have to spend money on all the bells and whistles that come with a consumer package. I got this unit for $100 less than I would have paid for a 'Dell, Best-Buy Special' stack limited to 8 GB.

If you get that kind of processing power, you avoid hiccups, increase speed when transferring files, applying effects, etc. Takes a second for what used to take me 5 minutes do accomplish...and it'll even faster when I upgrade to a 64 bit platform. A 2gig work platform stored in in an external hard drive will load in the 500 GB computer drive, using the SATA 6.0 port, in a blink. I'm working a lot faster....no time to get a cup of coffee while waiting to bounce to a track.

And you can record at higher resolutions...like 48/24 film-standard, and still print a hundred tracks. If you store clones of original tracks, apply separate fx tracks, etc, you can use a lot of tracks. But it's a better, safer way to work....with no efficiency-time-safety penalty when you load up.

Something to think about. Go custom. Go guts. Forget the crap you'll never use, associated with internet applications n' stuff you have to pay for if you go to Wallymart.

Great mix - the only think I didn't like was the end - seemed a little abrupt - maybe a fade out or echo on the last chorus or something. Great work though. Sounds commercial level.

Hey everyone I just created this song and I would like some feedback on the mixing and what ever else its missing or need to take off. I produced everything and mixed it off my laptop using adobe audition 3.0. my friend is the rapper. View attachment 66837

I really like this singy rap stuff - it works so well. I'm really of two minds about the low low 'bap' kick sound you got going in this one - it's such a distinctive sound that the song would be less without it, but the dryness of it is a kind of distraction cuz it's so different that it draws attention to itself when what's really going on in this song is the rap and the sung chorus. If it was me, I'd be swapping that sound out trying all sorts of other stuff, and then probably wind up going back to the one you've got. :D Maybe just turn it down 3 dB. Lovely, lovely stuff.

Agree - this type of tune definitely needs a big kick. But with the kick sitting at this level, if you play the mix on a big system that has a strong sub-woofer, the kick is going to be the centerpiece of the mix. The spotlight should be on the voice. It's too nice to subjugate to anything else.

Back