Please criticize my Vocal and mixing/mastering :) Newbie here :D

Listen.....the rhythm guitar is ok.......maybe a bit pushed / uneven in tempo. The single note guitar "accent" you throw in needs to be re-thought. It seems to just repeat and stands out in both the mix and the composition as being a bit out of place. You seem to have a lot of good things going on with your accoustic playing and I'd think about adding accents in the form of some sort of accoustic rhythm lead. I also am guessing that you're singing while playing the rhythm part. That may be affecting your concentration on the vocal...............as you seem to lose pitch from time to time. Try to do your vocal as a separate track without playing. You may be surprised. In any case.......keep at it. You have the idea and your work is worthy of more time and experience. Just my 2 cents.

Hello lance,
Very nice cover!!
Your singing has a lot of poential as well as playing.
It really suits the song too :)
As Mickster told you, recording vocals seperatelly could be an advantage. Try it.
And tunne your instruments ;)

I didn't think the singing was bad at all. A little pitchy in places but you have quite a pleasant vocal.

Tune you guitar though. Those bottom strings started to grate after a while.

:thumbs up:

I'll repeat a couple of things some others said... You have a nice sounding voice. Pay closer attention to pitch. There are a couple of pitchy spots.

The guitar was a little out of tune. The tone was a little on the thin side. I'd think a nice full sounding guitar would sound better on a mix like this.

Something weird going on with the vocal around 1:13 or so.

I don't know if you put any artificial reverb on the lead vocal. If you did, I'd back off it for a while. It wasn't bad, but I didn't think it helped the mix. But then I usually don't like much reverb.

Listen.....the rhythm guitar is ok.......maybe a bit pushed / uneven in tempo. The single note guitar "accent" you throw in needs to be re-thought. It seems to just repeat and stands out in both the mix and the composition as being a bit out of place. You seem to have a lot of good things going on with your accoustic playing and I'd think about adding accents in the form of some sort of accoustic rhythm lead. I also am guessing that you're singing while playing the rhythm part. That may be affecting your concentration on the vocal...............as you seem to lose pitch from time to time. Try to do your vocal as a separate track without playing. You may be surprised. In any case.......keep at it. You have the idea and your work is worthy of more time and experience. Just my 2 cents.

Sir! Thank you so much for criticizing. I recorded the vocals separately :( I think i have to work on my pitch and practice more :) Thank you so much! :)

Hello lance,
Very nice cover!!
Your singing has a lot of poential as well as playing.
It really suits the song too :)
As Mickster told you, recording vocals seperatelly could be an advantage. Try it.
And tunne your instruments ;)

Thank you so much sir!! I appreciate your opinion :) I will be practicing my singing and playing :) Thank you! :)

I'll repeat a couple of things some others said... You have a nice sounding voice. Pay closer attention to pitch. There are a couple of pitchy spots.

The guitar was a little out of tune. The tone was a little on the thin side. I'd think a nice full sounding guitar would sound better on a mix like this.

Something weird going on with the vocal around 1:13 or so.

I don't know if you put any artificial reverb on the lead vocal. If you did, I'd back off it for a while. It wasn't bad, but I didn't think it helped the mix. But then I usually don't like much reverb.

Thank you! Yes, i think my acoustic guitar was out of tune. LOL :)) I will work on my singing and playing! :) Thanks!

Back