Please check out this mix of a prog/hard rock song.

Crazy Luke

Here a song called "On the Planet". Please give feedback on balances and eq.

Attachments

• On The Planet Mix 58.mp3
    7.2 MB · Views: 27
There's a grating edge to the vocals, and a bit of flanging there too. I'm guessing you boosted some of the upper mids and doubled your vocal to try to help it cut through. It's not really working. The vocal is still getting masked. It sounds like your primary aim was to get the guitars and drums prominent, and then shoehorn in the vocal. You might want to rethink it, get the vocal sounding good and selling the lyric first, then build around that.

I'd hear the guitars more tight, maybe with some compression attack? I'd say the vocals have their style the only problem i see with them is that i can't grasp a word (or maybe im exagerating) of what you're saying O_O

But really the mix is pretty nice balance-wise and eq-wise, it'd be more of fine-tunings to me ATM.

Really cool song, well arranged imo. I think the vocal effect works well for the intro but it might work better to take it off for the rest of the song.

I think the vocal effect works well for the intro but it might work better to take it off for the rest of the song.

exactly what i thought. would have been nice to hear the verse come in clean. the chorus vocal sounds much better.

i love hard bell rides...sounds very cool. i'm hearing some leveling issues too...2:27 vocal, 2:36 widest guitars, for example.

not bad at all though IMO

Back