pink floyd cover

fz3s

any feedback with the mix worked on it this week think vocals are to low

Attachments

• BREATHEMIX.mp3
    2.6 MB · Views: 43
Nice music - you're singing flat. Bringing that up a bit would make a huge difference.

Last edited:
You've almost exactly replicated the original sound, great job. I love this tune, and it's not an obvious choice for a cover. Vocals are pretty close too, couple of flat spots can be easily fixed. Only the snare stood out in the mix as in being too quiet in places. Nice drum recording, some crashes poke out too much. The spatial quality and delays on the guitars are excellent, the tone is everywhere quite Gilmore. I'm guessing you're a fan of the tune given the attention to detail. Kudos..:thumbs up::guitar:

Nice playing overall and good rendition .. The mix needs a lot of work...Just my opinion but bass is too heavy ..the slide guitar is way to low, vocals need to be redone as they are just not accurate ( out of tune / flat?) and when they are done correctly they need to be brought out in front substantially... hoping not to offend you, I believe you are capable of getting this song dialed in well as you are very close on most of this...

Congrats on getting this far with a VERY cool tune.

Lots of tuning issues with the vocals and the slide guitar. Wondering if you don't hear those because they are quite obvious? Do you have trouble with pitches? You've got all the ingredients there so you just need to re-approach this and you could really nail it.

Music is quite cool. Vocals do need work though, melody is just not there. It doesn't need to be exactly like the original but you are still off pitch on several notes.

Agree with most comments. Good music, weak vocal. The snare could come up in the intro. The ride could come down a hair, too. Thinning out the bass might help.

Back