Pigs (Three Different Ones) - Pink Floyd Cover

Sounds like a real good mix to me. The guitars are really bright and bold, I like that. The harmonica is a great touch, I don't remember if it was in the original but it works well here.

Great track . The only thing that sticks out is the phaser on the guitar solo . I would back off the feedback just a bit . or low pass it just cut some of the sizzle off it . Oh and MORE COWBELL !! lol just seems like it needs to be a little more present . Good stuff great job !!

Sounds very good. I like the skanky guitar sound. Such a good vocal melody! He sings it well, the harmonica is a nice touch, tasty. Good drum+ bass groove, the drums aren't really driving the song, seems like the guitar is, but it still sounds good and grooving. Yeah the guitar effect may be too effect-y, pierces just a bit. Really nit picks though, this sounds well performed, recorded and mixed-nice job.

Thanks for the reviews guys. "skanky guitar sound" - LOVE that description. I didn't conciously realize it at the time, but that's exactly what I wanted from the guitar tone. Something trashy. It's about Pigs after all. Any other thoughts by diehard Floyd fans?

It sounds great. There's a weird chorusing/combing on the vocal. Is that intentional or the room?

It sounds great. There's a weird chorusing/combing on the vocal. Is that intentional or the room?

Yeah we used a slight chorus effect on the vocal bus. Is it a bad/distracting "weird" or just a stylistic "weird"? The vocals are double (sometimes triple) dubs which may explain the combing.

:laughings: Three little Pigs :laughings:

Sounds really good! That harmonica sounds REALLY clear. Good placement.
I could go with a little more bite on the higher bass notes. Good tone, but it loses (and this will sound strange) a lot of bottom on the upper notes.
I'd like to hear another dB or two on the backing vocals, but that's just personal taste.
Are those rooting noises synth or guitar? Very cool. Great guitar tones EVERYWHERE. :jealous:
Some (not nearly all, but a few) of the snare hits sound overcompressed. Cowbell fits perfectly in the pocket.
Excellent musicianship all around. Great production.

Yeah we used a slight chorus effect on the vocal bus. Is it a bad/distracting "weird" or just a stylistic "weird"? The vocals are double (sometimes triple) dubs which may explain the combing.

It just sounded like combing/a bad room to me, which isn't good or bad it just is what it is. So yeah a style decision I guess. Maybe turn it down a hair? It seems like later in the song it goes away and the vocal clears up. Or my ear got used to it I'm not sure.

:laughings: Three little Pigs :laughings:

Sounds really good! That harmonica sounds REALLY clear. Good placement.
I could go with a little more bite on the higher bass notes. Good tone, but it loses (and this will sound strange) a lot of bottom on the upper notes.
I'd like to hear another dB or two on the backing vocals, but that's just personal taste.
Are those rooting noises synth or guitar? Very cool. Great guitar tones EVERYWHERE. :jealous:
Some (not nearly all, but a few) of the snare hits sound overcompressed. Cowbell fits perfectly in the pocket.
Excellent musicianship all around. Great production.

Thanks man. The 'rooting" sound is a guitar run through a Slow Gear volume swell. Relieved to hear you approve of the cowbell!

Sounds really nice overall. Great vibe, and it sounds as though y'all were having some fun with this one. My only nits:

1. The tone of the rhythm guitars sounds a bit shrill to me and a little too distorted. Playing is very nice.
2. The lack of the 3/4 bar for the phrase "And when your hand is on your heart" really threw me for a loop! I don't know if that was intentional, but, IMHO, it diminishes the punch of that line a bit.

Great work, though, all around. It's a bit project to bite off, and y'all did a great job. Thanks for sharing. :)

impressive

I don't know if it was the play back or my computer but I had a couple of dead spots but otherwise 'skanky guitar sounds' indeed. so perfectly put. I am so stealing that for my lexicon

Back