Pieces of Light (Industrial Metal Song)

Prospector

Hello. I'm creating song using virtual instruments.
Can you help me about mixing ? Does Bass is not to laud and is there any bad frequencies in there ? The same about rest of instruments ? Thanks for any advice.

Sounds a little dark I think.

The rhythm guitars seem too hot, and maybe have too much low end. Did you hi-pass them at all? I'd even look at hi-passing the bass around 40-50hz, if you haven't yet.

Might be a tad too much reverb as well.

Overall, sounds a little over-compressed at times. Either you compressed the drums, bass, or the guitars a little too much? Or maybe you just hit a limiter a little too hard on your master bus?

Also, the fade at the end ends quite abruptly.

Still, all that being said, you're not too far off. Sounds like too much processing on a good sounding recording.

A few tweaks and you should be able to get this sounding very good.

Maybe it is just my ears but I am having a hard time picking out the bass. As mentioned above, you are on the right track, no pun intended. In fact, it is one of the betters ones I have listened to in a few weeks.

I thought the crunch guitars sounded cool. Maybe roll off just a bit of their low end to give the bass a little more room.

I didn't care for all the reverb on the drums. And the cymbals didn't have a lot of high end.

Sounds very overcompressed right from the start. Tough to listen to, in my opinion. It can be from a number of things....drum compression, bus compression, bus limiter...something is crunching it too much. Tones are pretty good for the most part, especially the virtual synth stuff. But it is not breathing at all. It has a very low ceiling and the track is getting stepped on every time I feel the dynamics should be lifting it.

Good writing/performances.

Back