piano/vocal song

My impressions: I like the piano very much. You have a nice voice. I like the song. Both times I listened to the song, when you sang "barely" (waking), I thought you sang "belly", and then figured it out by the end of the line. I would have liked to hear an outro with the piano, but maybe you ended abruptly for effect, to go with the lyric "collide". In the beginning, I could hear you opening your mouth, and taking in a breath. Maybe fade in right before your vocal starts, so it's not so out front. So, overall, I thought it was very nice.

Hopefully my impressions can be useful or helpful to you.

I can't comment on anything but the song in general, because I am listening on PC speakers...but the song...the melody is good...the playing sounds good...so subtle, so simple a song, yet powerful..you sing it with such controlled, yet obvious emotion, which draws the listener in closer...and the lyrics...they are absolutely haunting.

nice song
the mix sounds very clean and hifi. so it's just a matter of taste if someone likes the sound. technically it's very good. the piano sounds smooth. i personally don't like too much high-end on vocals ("ss" /"ssshh" syllables tend to sound a little harsh imo), but it sounds good neverless.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to know it is sounding good.

I can't take credit for the song, it is a cover of a song called Collide by Howie Day.

Good job.

The vocals are a bit too processed sounding for me. Try chopping some of the high freq's on the reverb on them.

Nice.

I liked it very much. Some small chunks of awkward verbage....but not critical. Agree that the vox is a mite over-processed.

Good structure and organization. Good chord structure: natural...and sounds schooled and intellegent.

Yeah, man!

Pretty nice.
There is some background hiss that could be removed.
It is only noticeable because of the simple arrangement.
Over headphones the vocal is just a little too loud or forward to blend well.
Perhaps this is one of those times to not be really edgy on vocals if you want it that loud.

Back