A piano and strings song

yorgo

Hey Guys. Happy holidays. I decided to do a different type of song instead of the heavy rock. This more low and entirely different way for me to mix but I thought it would be good practice. Please let me know you guys think and I can improve on that mix. Song is called Out to Sea. Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/fernando-t-5/out-to-sea

Good vocals and mix. Some of the synth patches were less than convincing, that flute think in particular. There were a couple of spots early on where you sounded like you were at the bottom of your vocal range, and the vocal power dropped off. Nice song.

Hey robus... Thanks. I thought the flute sounded pretty good... Even at the end of the line you could hear the breath part.... I'm using the east west stuff for strings
Yes I was at the very bottom of my vocal range. Some of those lines I did many takes. It was a struggle. Thanks for listening

The intro's OK - the reverb makes the top end a little brittle in spots.
The 1st HOPE warbles a bit.
The flute and whatever is playing with it isn't convincing. the 'cello part before it was OK though.

It's a pretty song, but it felt a bit plodding by the mid point. Maybe a faster ostinato synth part could give it some more energy? The vocals sound pretty good (esp the harmonies) but I heard some chair noise on the mic about halfway thru. Nice job.

Back