From Piano to Guitar: "Wonderwall" - Oasis Cover

The performance was good. You have nice vibrato on your voice.
You made the song sound a lot less like a modern pop tune. Couldn't put my finger on what it reminds me of.

Very nice version of one of the two only songs that Oasis did that were any good. ;) I'm not sure if the harmony quite works, though. Probably cuz the original didn't have one. Dunno. You're surprising me with this series of covers. You're really good at it.

Nice lead vocal: well in control, well performed. I liked the little falsetto bits at the end.

The harmonies were ok . . . just. My sense was that they were too strong, particularly first time through. Also, check the harmony note of "maybe" and "saves me" with the chord you are playing. Something is bothering me there, but I don't know what. It makes sense: "be" and "me" are C#, and the chord is F#m. But my brain is wanting to hear something different, maybe a Dmaj7 maybe? I dunno.

Guitar was crisp, and steadily played throughout.

I did get a sense of the guitars and vocal being in a different space. Guitars sounded up front, and vocals were twoards the back. Maybe some reverb on guitars would put them in a similar plane.

Very nice version of one of the two only songs that Oasis did that were any good. ;) I'm not sure if the harmony quite works, though. Probably cuz the original didn't have one. Dunno. You're surprising me with this series of covers. You're really good at it.

I'm planning on doing "Champagne Supernova" at some point too. :)

Nice lead vocal: well in control, well performed. I liked the little falsetto bits at the end.

The harmonies were ok . . . just. My sense was that they were too strong, particularly first time through. Also, check the harmony note of "maybe" and "saves me" with the chord you are playing. Something is bothering me there, but I don't know what. It makes sense: "be" and "me" are C#, and the chord is F#m. But my brain is wanting to hear something different, maybe a Dmaj7 maybe? I dunno.

Guitar was crisp, and steadily played throughout.

I did get a sense of the guitars and vocal being in a different space. Guitars sounded up front, and vocals were twoards the back. Maybe some reverb on guitars would put them in a similar plane.

Interesting thoughts. I'll review with them in consideration. Thanks so much!

Pretty cool rendition of this song. How did you record the acoustics? Spaced pair? Mid-side?

AT4050 18" back at the neck joint pointed back at the sound hole ... but aimed between the sound hole and the neck joint. 1 ft above that, an MXL 603 pointed similarly.

In the mix, the 4050 is panned hard left and the MXL 603 is panned hard right ... then balance to taste.

It makes for a bigger sonic spread.

Nice version.
The 1st 2 LPs were gobsmackingly good in sound and most songs (also outrageously audacious in their theft.
The fact that WTSMG was recorded in a fortnight is also significant - great sound & still spontaneous.
The vibrato started to bother me by the third word in a row but was still good.

Nice version.
The 1st 2 LPs were gobsmackingly good in sound and most songs (also outrageously audacious in their theft.
The fact that WTSMG was recorded in a fortnight is also significant - great sound & still spontaneous.
The vibrato started to bother me by the third word in a row but was still good.

I actually know exactly what you're saying. Thanks, bud.

Back