Philip Glass Explains it All

Great vocals. I think you could add some bass if you wanted. Nothing else really popped out at me. Really cool unique song.

---------- Update ----------

Btw loving all the michigan representation in the clinic lately haha.

So, the album title, is ASCII for "robo"? What's the significance? I take it Phillip Glass is one of your musical inspirations? The lyrics...are they a quote of his?
Anyway, as far as reactions. This is golden. The vocoder vocal is a little hard to understand, but I caught on on the second chorus, so not too hard. The vocals are well done, the mix is nice! Sweet! The beginning sample sounded a lot like it was taken from Dr. Who. I love the few clinkers in the xylophone/glockenspiel/whatever. It adds to the psycho circus feel of the song...

It's real weird, but it's better than most of the shit that comes out in pop music. I think the chorus you have now would probably be better suited as backup vocal for some epic vocal performance.

"Do you listen to what you like?
Or do you like what you listen to?
Don’t tell me the truth
Is the best that you can do

There’s a crack in the record
Where the times collide
A crack in the rock
Where I can hide"

If I was tripping on Acid I would probably get it :D

Easlern:
Thanks for the response. Usually I have too much bass, so good to know.

Broken H:
You looked it up! There is probably no significance. I am not a huge Glass fan but I think it is very inspiring how he just went off and did his own thing in the face of vitriolic opposition. Thank you very much for the compliments! That's exactly what I was going for.

FoulPhil: Thanks for the feedback. I know that acid is not your drug of choice. Oh well!

Jimmy: Thanks, huge compliment. Secret: most of my songs are inspired by NPR.

Pretty cool tune.
I think you got something good here. Seeing how you posted it in the "mix" section where stuff is usually torn apart, not getting that, seems like others like it too.

People took a break from the nitpicks and just listened to the tune
:D

That was pretty cool.

I'm also not super-into the vocoder as lead instrument during the chorus. As a backup for something clearer, it'd be cool tho.

"No, don’t leave yet
Just six more words
I renounce my former works "
That's... that's 5 words!

It could use some more percussion I think. A good kick and snare backbone during the 2nd verse would really take things up a notch; and the drums are a little buried in the chorus when they do come in.

Overall, tho, this was really cool. You've got a lot of neat ideas happening and some cool panning and FX.

Well done ..cool song

The vocoder vocals need to be either redone or brought out clearer...the synth following the vocal line on that part might help clear it up...

Only real nit pick I have ...very cool I likey!

It actually is 6 words, because in the actual, there's an "all" thrown in. But it does look funny in the lyrics...

Vomit Hat Steve: yup 5 words. Thanks, I will try making the drums louder and see how that sounds. I think I agree about the vocoder limitations...I am going to try to sing a regular vocal with it and see how it sounds but the odds aren't good. I often come up with the weird stuff to work around my limitations.

TAE: Thanks for the synth idea. I will give that a shot too.

I misheard anyway. The ALL that I thought gave it the rounding was purely my own mental construct...

I noticed I left out an important part in what I typed...
Well done ..cool song

The vocoder vocals need to be either redone or brought out clearer...LOWERING the volume on the synth following the vocal line on that part might help clear it up...

Only real nit pick I have ...very cool I likey!

The distance between the clear of the vocal and the 'backing twister' vocal part is big. So the tune sounds big.

What do you think Philip would have to say about it?

I think he, like, probably wouldn't care for it because I'm suggesting his life's work might be an elaborate hoax.

Back