"Paranoid Android" Radiohead cover - looking for a singer.

I think it a very tight performance and sound great man. Really good dynamics on this one bubba.
I enjoyed listening

Hi, Pinky. I have three people interested, two of whom are recording themselves and sending me the sound file, plus one who lives near me that I will be recording as soon as he recovers from a cold, lol. :D Whether they have the right kind of voice remains to be seen (or heard) :D

I know I'm late on this but did you find vocals you were pleased with? Paranoid Android is one of my favorite songs and I can definitely hit the vocals. Let me know if you want me to give it a go when I'm able to (in a week or 2)

I know I'm late on this but did you find vocals you were pleased with? Paranoid Android is one of my favorite songs and I can definitely hit the vocals. Let me know if you want me to give it a go when I'm able to (in a week or 2)
Awesome, I'd love you to have a go. As you will know, it's not just about the notes it's the character of the vocal that's important, and if you think you can get anywhere near that I'd be over the moon! :) I haven't got any performances yet, so you're by no means late to the party.

I think it a very tight performance and sound great man. Really good dynamics on this one bubba.
I enjoyed listening

Thanks, Jimi, appreciate your comments. I don't think anything could be further outside your genre. :D

Awesome, I'd love you to have a go. As you will know, it's not just about the notes it's the character of the vocal that's important, and if you think you can get anywhere near that I'd be over the moon! :) I haven't got any performances yet, so you're by no means late to the party.

Awesome news. Honestly I'm very excited to record vocals for this. Currently, I have an atrocious no-name mic and bare bones interface, but in a few days my upgrades should come in.

I might just go ahead and record today with my shitty gear (if I have the time) just to send you a sort of rough draft, and if you like it I'll record it properly within a week or 2. I'll keep you posted

One thing I will have to BEG that you do: pleaseeee add some more gain/presence to the guitar solos, double them and pan one left and right. I believe that's what they did on the original, and while there are slight variations between their solo tracks, the panning and aggressive tone makes me bounce around the walls in all the right ways :)

The mix and overall cover is very nicely done. That's a tough arrangement to get down, and the vocal breakdown is especially impressive. Paranoid Android, suchhhh a great song

One thing I will have to BEG that you do: pleaseeee add some more gain/presence to the guitar solos, double them and pan one left and right. I believe that's what they did on the original, and while there are slight variations between their solo tracks, the panning and aggressive tone makes me bounce around the walls in all the right ways :)

I'll have to have another listen to that. I assumed it was just Jonny panned left and Ed panned right? I really don't want to re-record the guitars with more gain, though - I dread fizziness in guitar tones, and I think I got the performance as good as it is possible for me to do. :D The distorted guitars are the only tracks that have no eq on whatsoever, so I'm quite proud of them. :) Seriously, I think I've listened to this track about ten million times in order to do this cover. :D

As far as gear goes, that's all I have, too. Send me something, and DO IT SOON! :D

I'll have to have another listen to that. I assumed it was just Jonny panned left and Ed panned right? I really don't want to re-record the guitars with more gain, though - I dread fizziness in guitar tones, and I think I got the performance as good as it is possible for me to do. :D The distorted guitars are the only tracks that have no eq on whatsoever, so I'm quite proud of them. :) Seriously, I think I've listened to this track about ten million times in order to do this cover. :D

As far as gear goes, that's all I have, too. Send me something, and DO IT SOON! :D

I'm a man of my word. PM sent your way. I only had 30 minutes to try and put together vocals with gear that makes sober whitney houston sound like coked out whitney houston but hopefully you'll still be able to make good use of it :D

I'm a man of my word. PM sent your way. I only had 30 minutes to try and put together vocals with gear that makes sober whitney houston sound like coked out whitney houston but hopefully you'll still be able to make good use of it :D

I've listened and tried it out. You have the potential. :D

I'm usually just an on and off lurker here for the most part... but I saw this thread in the weekly email and had to check it out. Paranoid Android is one of my favorite tracks from any artist all time. Naturally this means that I was messing about recording some vocals for this track last night... trying a few different things because it's hard not to fall into total Thom Yorke mode with the track sounding so similar and all. I'd really like to put my own spin on it, but we'll see where it leads me, I see there are a few people doing this as well... if nothing else it will give you a bunch of vocal tracks to play with. Link to my usual stuff is in my signature if you're interested, not that I'm sounding like my usual self on this track yet.

I'm usually just an on and off lurker here for the most part... but I saw this thread in the weekly email and had to check it out. Paranoid Android is one of my favorite tracks from any artist all time. Naturally this means that I was messing about recording some vocals for this track last night... trying a few different things because it's hard not to fall into total Thom Yorke mode with the track sounding so similar and all. I'd really like to put my own spin on it, but we'll see where it leads me, I see there are a few people doing this as well... if nothing else it will give you a bunch of vocal tracks to play with. Link to my usual stuff is in my signature if you're interested, not that I'm sounding like my usual self on this track yet.

Absolutely, sir. I wouldn't mind a Yorke-ish vocal if you can do it, for my own satisfaction, but I'd be happy to mix you a version with a more individual spin as well, if you like the backing track.

Twiddling my thumbs waiting for these vocal tracks! Come on, guys - pull your fingers out, or I'm going to post Calimoose's scratch vocal track! :D

Back