Pacifying Planchette

propman

Dear ladies and gentlemen,
Here's another tune a long time in the making. The main melody has been with me for nearly eight years and I finally found a good home for it.

[MP3]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65316259/Pacifying%20Planchette.mp3[/MP3]
For mobile users

I'd really like to know what you all think. I tried a lot of new things with this mix.

Well i didn't hear anything i would change in that mix. All sounds pretty polished to me. The ending was a bit strange :) Cool song.

During the first 'rant' its hard to make out the words, competing with all the synth stuff happening. When it calms down and the actual singing starts the bass is a little loud in the mix. The bass level (during outro solo) is good, though. Is that last piece of low synth sound supposed to be there after the bass fades out? Doesn't need to be, song-wise.

I could hear the talking part at the start. I think the talking parts don't compliment the tune. You might want want to rethink.

The song and singing is very good. Everything seemed to move along nice and sounded very tight and professional.

poptastically excellent!

has real radio appeal...Id agree with the initial vocal sample being to low in the mix, but when its all flowing theres a polish to the whole sound...nice work

Id have stopped it after the second rant sample, not my cuppa tea after that

I like the track. It is quirky and interesting. The vocal is delivered with confidence and competence.

I have no problems with the relative levels of the instruments; it all sounds okay to me. Some will argue for drums, others for less bass. Yep, maybe, but that's all a matter of taste rather than anything musically upsetting.

The ranty voices you could successfully do away with. They don't really add much. Also that very end synth bit could go.

I would like to hear the voice up a bit more. Again, this is just a matter of taste.

I thought this was pretty good. Personally I would have done this without keyboards. It'd have been all guitars. BUt that's just me.

I had a hard time with the rant. When the vocal melody comes in the vocal sounds great. Very pleasant tone and very clear. Well sung, and good mic technique.

Drums sound OK. Snare is a little on the dull-ish side. However it seems to work pretty well in the mix.

The bass tone is kind of sterile. Like something you'd hear in an 80's techno song. I guess what I'm saying is I think this song would be much cooler if it were a more rock/pop/guitar-based tune. The bass part is real good. Did you play it?

I think you could probably boost the upper midrange of the acoustic guitars and get away with it. It might bring them out a little more. Be careful with a boost like that - it can bring out harshness quickly.

There is a doubled electric guitar that walks up a scale here and there. I thought that sounded cool.

Excellent voice. Love your clean bass sound. Some of the notes are louder than others, but it adds to the dynamic in a good way. Nice solo! :)
I wouldn't change anything except the initial vocal rant volume.
The lyrics are kind of 2 Timothy 4:3...not what I'd want to listen to, but that's just me.

Adam,
Cool track. Lovely bass growl. Having listened for a couple of years I find your voice familiar and as soon as I hear it I get into a zone of expectation. You meet the expectation.
There may be some value is automating even levels on the bass but I don't think so.
I see the point of the final vocal sample and liked all of them.
Vocal levels all the way through worked for me as well.

2 Timothy 4:3 is disparaging to teachers and dismissive of any opinion other than the writer's.
The reason people group together in clubs, communities, churches, temples, political parties etc. is to hear a message they understand and agree with. It's evolution - I remember and understand this, it didn't kill me last time I heard it.

I enjoyed the song. I guess I'm alone in thinking the initial rant volume is just right. I think it ought to be low in the mix and not at the same level as the actual sung vocal. It's a matter of personal preference I guess. I think everything sounds great all the way around. Very nice voice and singing too.

Nice. I disagree with everyone (except Jimi) saying bring up the first vocal sample. It's plenty loud.

Love the "yes. No. abcdefghijklmnopqstuvwyz" lyric!

On a second listen through, the synths that rapidly oscillate left to right are a bit exhausting.

Back