Outside Part 2

Well, fortunately I don't think you'll need that extra hour.

Whoa, I love where you slide up to that super high note with your voice @ :59. That was cool. I think the tones are all there. I think the bass is really interesting on this one.

I guess I just think that basic crunch part that repeats throughout kind of takes over after a while. Any chance that could drop out entirely for a bit then return? Maybe just drop the level throughout just a tad?

Did PI do the drums for this one? Not bad at all, just different to me.

Well, fortunately I don't think you'll need that extra hour.

Whoa, I love where you slide up to that super high note with your voice @ :59. That was cool. I think the tones are all there. I think the bass is really interesting on this one.

I guess I just think that basic crunch part that repeats throughout kind of takes over after a while. Any chance that could drop out entirely for a bit then return? Maybe just drop the level throughout just a tad?

Did PI do the drums for this one? Not bad at all, just different to me.

Yes I liked the way the bass turned out - it has a lot of growl I think. The new guitar part is meant to distract you from that repetitive rhythm - guess it may be still too "obvious" lol. I'll look at a bit more automation....

Yes - PI did the drums - he keeps it rocking...

I've been trying to figure out a harmony vocal somewhere but still working it out.

back to your Texas boogie guitar tones Gerry?
Sounds fine.
I like the constant riff.
I'd have liked the leads just a little bit dirtier to match the rhythm but then again the contrast works a treat too.
Nice work Mike & Jason!
We have growl and thud as well. Wouldn't mind just a tad more bass in the kick drum.

A great swampy track.

I note the difference of opinion on the crunch part that repeats. Personally, I think it sounds delicious, but would benefit frm sitting further back in the mix. This would allow the other elements to shine and provide a fluidity that the crunch works against.

At 1:50 there's a weird bit of distortion going on, where the lyric is "what's happened to me".

back to your Texas boogie guitar tones Gerry?
Sounds fine.
I like the constant riff.
I'd have liked the leads just a little bit dirtier to match the rhythm but then again the contrast works a treat too.
Nice work Mike & Jason!
We have growl and thud as well. Wouldn't mind just a tad more bass in the kick drum.
Thanks Ray - I started asking PI for the individual tracks for the songs so I can add some bass to the kick.
I've been considering a pedal for the LP - a plimsoul - to see if I can get a bit more dirt. Any opinions from users ?

A great swampy track.
I note the difference of opinion on the crunch part that repeats. Personally, I think it sounds delicious, but would benefit frm sitting further back in the mix. This would allow the other elements to shine and provide a fluidity that the crunch works against.
At 1:50 there's a weird bit of distortion going on, where the lyric is "what's happened to me".
Can't hear the distortion you mention on the mp3 (is it the vocals or the mix?)

Great tune...love your unique voice. I think the guitar sounds great along with the bass. Everything can be heard real well.

Great tune...love your unique voice. I think the guitar sounds great along with the bass. Everything can be heard real well.
Thanks! I had to work all weekend - dropped in for a break now and then so I'll look into the feedback this week. I did manage to figure out my software issue though so I can start Monday without a migraine...:)

'Free' in 'set me free' needs to get heard better. (Turn it up?)

Really nice sound/balance on this one. You've managed to avoid all the usual EQ markers that plague stuff in this forum. I'm thinking it's time for the next level on the next one. And what's the next level? Something to do with bringing out emotion in different parts of the song, I reckon.

Good stuff. Got another one?

Sounds great man, great mix IMO....I too would like to have a little more dirt on the lead guitar, but it does work really well as-is....Maybe a little dirtier & a little slide?? Even if you do nothing else to this, it sounds really good man, your vocals remind me of Eric Clapton, along with the lead guitar...Maybe someday I'll get seperation in my mixes like this, sounds great...

'Free' in 'set me free' needs to get heard better. (Turn it up?)

Really nice sound/balance on this one. You've managed to avoid all the usual EQ markers that plague stuff in this forum. I'm thinking it's time for the next level on the next one. And what's the next level? Something to do with bringing out emotion in different parts of the song, I reckon.

Good stuff. Got another one?
Thanks! I'm looking at adding some backup vocals so that's my next project.
Mike and I have one started but it's no where near done yet.

Sounds great man, great mix IMO....I too would like to have a little more dirt on the lead guitar, but it does work really well as-is....Maybe a little dirtier & a little slide?? Even if you do nothing else to this, it sounds really good man, your vocals remind me of Eric Clapton, along with the lead guitar...Maybe someday I'll get seperation in my mixes like this, sounds great...
Thanks! I've been playing around with my old GP8 and I think I found a patch that I like for lead on my Gibson. I'll use it on the next tune probably.

I like it.

Drums are a little buried...and it loses a bit of energy as a result I think. Some of that "buriedness" is due to the panned electrics...which might be a bit too present in this mix.

Good vocals on that!

I like it.

Drums are a little buried...and it loses a bit of energy as a result I think. Some of that "buriedness" is due to the panned electrics...which might be a bit too present in this mix.

Good vocals on that!

Thanks! I'll look at automating the guitars this week.

Back