Our stars

For about the first 20 seconds, I can't help but hear "A modern day warrior, mean mean stride, today's tom sawyer, mean mean pridee" :D it's just those first 2 goddamn notes
Right, THAT'S what it reminds of me, too. But I couldn't put my finger on it. You're right, it has the same chords, or at least very close. All through working on this, every time I'd hear my intro, I'd say it reminds me of something. Thanx for finally narrowing it down.

that's a quality song though, and very well mixed. And I fucking love the chorus, it jumps out just the right amount
Thanx man. I'll make the changes suggested by others and it should be good to go.

Thanx a lot, Dobro. I'll bring the snare down a little bit, either volume wise or whatever it takes to match it with the rest of the tune better. "Distribution"? My songs go up on my website and that's about it. Eventually, I end up making a CD that goes up on CDBABY so that I ca make $8 a year. :D

Yeah, I put an album on Bandcamp last year and one person bought it. However, they bought it in the States, so I can't transfer the paypal funds to my bank here in Canada cuz there's a $15 minimum on inter-country transfers. :D Anyway, you're into the peanut stakes as well, it seems, but my point is that a tune like this could go beyond peanut stakes, given the right exposure. My stuff will always appeal to a minority listener base. But this tune has broader appeal, I think.

Yeah, I put an album on Bandcamp last year and one person bought it. However, they bought it in the States, so I can't transfer the paypal funds to my bank here in Canada cuz there's a $15 minimum on inter-country transfers. :D Anyway, you're into the peanut stakes as well, it seems, but my point is that a tune like this could go beyond peanut stakes, given the right exposure. My stuff will always appeal to a minority listener base. But this tune has broader appeal, I think.
Thanx man. I actually get about $20 every 2 months from CDBABY for all my tunes over the years. That's what? $120 a year? Rarely sell a CD, but pretty consistent downloads of individual songs.

I have enough material now for 2 new CD's, but my PC crashed a few months ago and I haven't got around to recovering the data from the old hard drive. I need to re-mix a bunch of tunes and I'll probably put out 2 mediocre CD's, or at least one good one. :D

I have to admit to being shocked when I heard the keyboard runs. I know you've added some recently but it's still new to me.
They sound good though.No real nits but in terms of personal preference I say the bass could be a little louder/prominent and the lead doesn't quite sit.
The overall sound is classic 70's with a funk/rock flavour.
Cool stuff.
Bandcamp - I've made a couple or three sales from there - interestingly 2 people paid way, way more than the asking price ($8) for the album. I haven't been able to confirm that it was my mum ...yet.

I have to admit to being shocked when I heard the keyboard runs. I know you've added some recently but it's still new to me.
Meh, it's got a little bit of piano. No big deal.
I say the bass could be a little louder/prominent and the lead doesn't quite sit.
I can turn up the bass. I don't know what you mean by the leads not sitting? They don't suit the song? They're too loud? They're not loud enough? Kind of cryptic, again.

I don't know what you mean by the leads not sitting? They don't suit the song? They're too loud? They're not loud enough? Kind of cryptic, again.

Hehe.........I knew I was wasting my time asking for clarification. That's 2 threads in a row now that Ray does this to me. :D

Sounded very good. I really liked the drums. Cool harmonies. Bass is awesome. Everything is played real tight.

The thing I'd like is a double tracked vocal. You knew I was going to say that didn't you? :)

Hehe.........I knew I was wasting my time asking for clarification. That's 2 threads in a row now that Ray does this to me. :D

That's just Ray's way of kangaroo speak. I don't understand it either most of the time, but I know he's a nice guy and means no harm. :)

Sounded very good. I really liked the drums. Cool harmonies. Bass is awesome. Everything is played real tight.

The thing I'd like is a double tracked vocal. You knew I was going to say that didn't you? :)
Thanx man.

It was a toss up between doubling the vocals or finding a few clicks and pops. :D

No, but seriously, thanx. I always appreciate your input. The vocals are doubled in the choruses, for what it's worth. :cool:

That's just Ray's way of kangaroo speak. I don't understand it either most of the time, but I know he's a nice guy and means no harm. :)

Yeah man, I love Ray. I got no problem with the cobbler. But that's now 2 of my songs in a row that he gets all cryptic on my ass, I ask him what he means, but he never comes back to clarify. It's all good, but it leaves me miserable as a bandicoot. :eek: :D

Last edited:
You miserable bandicoot!
Sorry, I was just bleating and making words.
Just an experiment - often people write stuff & it gets bandwagonned.
I wrote something that meant nothing, (how could it, a Rami song, only a couple of people around here could REALLY hear any needs or find any nits), just to see if there were any lemmings about, or those recent folk who make an argument out of everything, were inclined to do so.
My attendance of late has been erratic - sadly my ISP won't upgrade the exchange or lines so we're off line more than on, (using the lines at work at present).
Sorry,
I'm just waiting for the next Rami album...
I'm about as cryptic as Koala soup for babies or wombat cubes!

It's all good, Ray. Your statements came from the far side of Cowabunga, also known as "Left field" in the rest of the world. :D

This is a good song. Performance sounds flawless to me.

This is a better song than those Alice Cooper songs you covered. Maybe he should be covering your songs.

Bandicoots are an endangered species so they have every right to be miserable.
Cats'n'foxes find them to be delicious.

Back