Orignal - Love Has Lost Another One

Listened to all three, and the third's the best, but I'm still not hearing the kick much. I'm not hearing much definition on the bass either - they're probably masking each other.

If you're aiming at a more commercial approach, axe one verse, cuz there's not really much contrast between verse and chorus - the only real contrast is the bridge. If you don't care about commercial viability, then screw it - leave it as it is - I think the relentlessness of the groove isn't boring, it's just...relentless. :)

Nice track.

If you're aiming at a more commercial approach

Thanks for the feedback.

No, no commercial intent on any of my stuff.

It is repetitive by design, simple, the grinding of an emptiness from decisions made in the pursuit of one thing (lust of the world) at the cost of another(love of a family).

I guess I missed the mark :confused:. Maybe I need to go back and revisit the presentation/arrangement.

Thanks for the feedback.

No, no commercial intent on any of my stuff.

It is repetitive by design, simple, the grinding of an emptiness from decisions made in the pursuit of one thing (lust of the world) at the cost of another(love of a family).

I guess I missed the mark :confused:. Maybe I need to go back and revisit the presentation/arrangement.

No, I don't think so now. I think you nailed it. I wasn't listening to the lyrics (I never hear the lyrics until I've heard it a few times), and your explanation means that the relentlessness of the music serves the tune, and the 'axe a verse' idea was a mistake. Sorry if I was misleading.

BTW, the mix sounds good. Sonically pleasant. Nice.

No, I don't think so now. I think you nailed it. I wasn't listening to the lyrics (I never hear the lyrics until I've heard it a few times), and your explanation means that the relentlessness of the music serves the tune, and the 'axe a verse' idea was a mistake. Sorry if I was misleading.

BTW, the mix sounds good. Sonically pleasant. Nice.

Much appreciated.

I have to say I am not a good enough musician to give a good performance, so I use it more of a background canvas. For the music (notes) to assist in what I am trying to paint, but with music instead of colors. Which music has colors in its own way.

I have to say I am not a good enough musician to give a good performance, so I use it more of a background canvas.

Yeah, me too. As long as the background canvas actually sounds good, it works out for the good. It's like being someone who's maybe not the most attractive person in the world, but sexy anyhow.

Dunno which version I listened to (said 5 days ago on SC...), but I think it's a pretty good song man...Not my type of music really, so my little nits may be pointless, but I'll play along anyway....:).

Read through the whole thread, & agree the kick needs more "oomph", again, dunno if you've already tweaked it or not, but IMO it needs just a little more...

Same thing with the snare, although I know it's hard to get a balance that you're happy with, but I think the snare might come up a little too, especially during the chorus, to give the whole song a little more drive/power...

Your vocals sound really good to me, that's something I struggle with, always have, probably always will, good job on 'em...

All the instruments are played really well, again, not my type of music really, & I'm kinda out of my element here, but I think you've done a great job on this!!!

Thanks minerman. You heard the latest and I did bring up the kick and snare, might go have another look to see if there might be a bit more room to bring up those two pieces.

New here. Trying to be a contributing member. Forgive me if I'm just sounding repetitive of everyone else's comments.

I'm listening through ear buds at work, so not the best speakers, but what I'm picking up is that the drums need a boost. It almost feels like they aren't there unless I really listen for them. I think they could add a good drive to the overall sound if they had the right amount of pop. Just my opinion.

I also feel like the end of the song fades out too abruptly. Maybe fade out over like 15 seconds rather than 3.

Trying to not be too negative here. Hope this is helpful.

Pretty even mix...I'd like the vocal tamed a bit more with compression and a high-mid cut to control the edginess. It could have better presence in the mix and I think you could get there by doing that.

Back