Original song - "Traffic"

This sounds pretty damn good to me. Drums sound awesome, love the EQ on them. Vocals sound great also, they sit very well in the mix (nice performance too). Background vocals sound good, they sit like they should behind the lead vocal. How did you treat those bg vocals? Just curious.

Love the reverb-y guitar over on the right, nice tone. Same for the solo tone and playing.

The only think I'm not crazy about is the acoustic guitar tone. It sounds a little boxy. Could be the instrument. It doesn't sound boomy or tinny like it was mic'd improperly. It just sounds a little...well...boxy for lack of a better term (dancing about architecture here...)

Good song man, I enjoyed this one a lot.

bmwerx: Thanks! The Beatles were certainly an influence. :) By "LC" guitar, I'm assuming you mean "left-center," which I assume is the acoustic? Thanks for the tips; I'll give 'em a shot when I revisit this one.

minerman: Yeah on the fill guitar I just left the same settings as it was on the intro, but that was mostly out of laziness. Maybe I should tame it a bit during the second verse. This song is actually about 15 years old, and I've worked from home since then (with the exception of three years, but I lived two blocks from the office). So I actually haven't had to deal with traffic on a daily basis for a long time. Nevertheless, it was quite easy to tap into that previous mindset when doing the vocal. :) Thanks for the tips as well!

Yes. The left channel acoustic. The one the song can work with without any other instruments. Tip; Don't change the settings of the guitars during the length of the song. These are important instruments that EQing and panning would be noticed by the average listener. This is a production NO NO in just about any production environment. That said, there are always exceptions to any rule. But IMO, not here.

Cheerz!

This sounds pretty damn good to me. Drums sound awesome, love the EQ on them. Vocals sound great also, they sit very well in the mix (nice performance too). Background vocals sound good, they sit like they should behind the lead vocal. How did you treat those bg vocals? Just curious.

Love the reverb-y guitar over on the right, nice tone. Same for the solo tone and playing.

The only think I'm not crazy about is the acoustic guitar tone. It sounds a little boxy. Could be the instrument. It doesn't sound boomy or tinny like it was mic'd improperly. It just sounds a little...well...boxy for lack of a better term (dancing about architecture here...)

Good song man, I enjoyed this one a lot.

Thanks for the comment. Yes the acoustic is an inexpensive Alvarez, so that could be what you're hearing. But I remember thinking early on I got a decent sound from it. I'm not totally satisfied with the EQ on it, so maybe I'll mess with it a bit more.

Back