Original Song "Let My Song Exalt You"-Need Honest Feedback,Please

The voice needs some grit and some effects. Its all rather two dimensional. but the playing and the performance is fine.

The song and performance sounds good but you have some mix issues. Everything sounds like its in mono. You should try a stereo expander or something like that. Also the vocals are too loud in comparison to the music. I would highly recommend doing a search on this forum on mixing and recording techniques.

drums sound like a drum machine, and they make it hard for me to make a real assessment.

I don't like the guitar sound, but that could be just me...it's too thin and leaves a big hole in the mids for the whole song.

Vocals have a weird effect and are too loud compared to the rest.

Overall the whole song lacks some umph...i think it might be the weak guitar, and too hot vocals, and lack of stereo spread.

The snyth has to go. It sounds bad, and isn't mixed well.

Keep the synth and crank it up! Turn down the voice and add some reverb. Drums are fine. Double vocals work really well. Crank the gain on that guitar. Mostly what everyone says..... good tune, good performance...

The song and performance sounds good but you have some mix issues. Everything sounds like its in mono. You should try a stereo expander or something like that. Also the vocals are too loud in comparison to the music. I would highly recommend doing a search on this forum on mixing and recording techniques.

Thanks. After reading your comment I decided to do some searching regarding the mixing, and found out that I was not using the pans. I am still learning all this and learned something new today.Thanks for your feedback.

Keep the synth and crank it up! Turn down the voice and add some reverb. Drums are fine. Double vocals work really well. Crank the gain on that guitar. Mostly what everyone says..... good tune, good performance...

Thanks for your advice. Will take it.

Thanks. After reading your comment I decided to do some searching regarding the mixing, and found out that I was not using the pans. I am still learning all this and learned something new today.Thanks for your feedback.

Cool! Learning is what this is all about, well making good sounding music is what this is about, but learning is fun too!

You can pan things to different sides of the stereo field to "open up space" meaning the sounds won't get in the way of eachother and you can crank the guitars and synths to get a fuller sound.

Have fun, and post the remix for us!

Back