An original

I listened but will be honest, I couldn't get a sense of direction. I could never get in the song. Maybe others will be able to follow.

I'm not looking for performance or song writing critique. I'm well aware that the song follows no traditional or predictable pattern.

Never a dull a moment! I enjoyed the strange and wonderful paths this track took. As a result I have no comments to make about the mixing, because I just enjoyed it for what it was.

Schwarzy strikes again. The bass sounds great. But when everything gets going, there's a bit too much...I don't know what to call it...but it's something you want less of. Is it low mids? But stuff's getting piled on stuff, and the result is less than clarity. Don't go too far with the adjustment though, or you'll end up with something resembling RaMI's bright mixes, which allow nothing but a bright, clear slapped into shape version of everything in the mix, and the result is...bright. You don't want overbright and you don't want mush or murk. Bang in the middle. Like hitting a ball up a narrow fairway.

The guitar comes up in volume before the rest of the instruments kick in, sounds strange doing so. The bass sounds ok with all the other instruments going, but I thought in the intro when it is just the guitar and bass it didn't have much tone, sounded DIed with nothing on it and maybe not quite in tune with the guitar.

I thought the lead tone was really good. Like everyone else, I like the bass sound. A little twangy for me, but in this mix I thought it worked well.

My only criticism is with the crunch guitars. I'd like a little more power to them. They're a bit back in the mix.

Exceptional. The guitar tones throughout are nice. The acoustic that comes in at 2:30 is clean and crisp.
Runs from funkengroovin at the beginning to scary stringy at the end. Nice run of feelings!

That was weird, but in a very cool way. At first I went, What???? Huh??? Where is this going??

Then I just let it flow and enjoyed it.

BIG prog fan here, so I totally felt the song. Very, very slightly Crimson-ish, but not quite. Had its own charm. Can't hear the mix the way I want to right now, but from what I can tell, it's sounding pretty good.

I wasn't going to post anything in the actual music forums until I could start recording again myself, but I gave this a listen while I was sitting outside smoking and decided to give my opinion on this. Keep in mind that I have no formal education in music, I just know what I like and don't like.

This is the best thing I ever heard you post. To me, this isn't the kind of thing you "follow"... you just kind of go with it, and it worked for me. That is in regard to the actual music being played. As far as the recording and tones... I didn't care for the sound of the drums (loose-sounding snare in particular), I liked the bass tone and that it was played with a pick, and I liked the guitar tones. I was going to say that you got better, but you said that this is the first thing you ever wrote. So maybe you got worse?

Nice job.

The bass sounds great.

Great bass tone.

Like everyone else, I like the bass sound. A little twangy for me, but in this mix I thought it worked well.

I liked the bass tone and that it was played with a pick

The bass sounds ok with all the other instruments going, but I thought in the intro when it is just the guitar and bass it didn't have much tone, sounded DIed with nothing on it and maybe not quite in tune with the guitar.

So, who's got cloth ears? :)

The bass in the intro is very TOOL - but then again so is the slight middle eastern flavour throughout.
Enjoyable though I didn't like the panned thing just before the end.

Back