Opinions on Remix

Why don't you just be completely underground and release BOTH tracks on whatever you're releasing. Who says there has to be only one?! I actually think that'd be pretty cool

That's hilarious! We were just talking about doing that since we couldn't decide. Make a "he said, she said" type album where there's a different male and female vocal on each one and release a double album. Lol. I mean it's not like we're on a label or have many fans where any of it matters.

I was thinking like this: if I shared it with actual friends of mine, like say on FB, which would I prefer? I'd probably rather share hers b/c I know it's more objectively good. Does hers make you listen longer/not want to turn it off sooner than mine? Things like that I can't really figure out without just asking people. I've always felt like the person who writes a song should sing it. Even the Beatles had that rule and why the very pitchy Ringo got to sing some songs.

Thanks on the guitars, andru. It's a fender Princeton from when I took a trip to her place and mic'd it up last year. I got a reamp box for x-mas so I hope to be able to get tones like that more at home now. You should check out the reamp boxes btw and see how you like them compared to sims. I put a little delay (post recording) on the guitars, which I rarely do, so that might be giving them something, too.

That's hilarious! We were just talking about doing that since we couldn't decide. Make a "he said, she said" type album where there's a different male and female vocal on each one and release a double album. Lol.

I was going to say that exactly. Nevermind was originally going to have a girl side/boy side, based on the type of songs they were, heavier or prettier, though Kurt sang all of them. So, why not have an album of literal guy and girl versions. Problem could be, if an actual album, you'll need half as many songs as usual, and some ppl might find it too redundant. Maybe do it for one track, I don't know.

But yeah, I'm with Ray here... you decide. :listeningmusic:

I was going to say that exactly. Nevermind was originally going to have a girl side/boy side, based on the type of songs they were, heavier or prettier, though Kurt sang all of them. So, why not have an album of literal guy and girl versions. Problem could be, if an actual album, you'll need half as many songs as usual, and some ppl might find it too redundant. Maybe do it for one track, I don't know.

But yeah, I'm with Ray here... you decide. :listeningmusic:

Thanks for the ideas, man. Who was supposed to be the female singer for Nirvana? I was a huge fan but yet never heard that story.

But yeah, I was thinking of maybe stripping out the drums and ancillary guitars for her version if I went with two versions. So it would be bass, acoustic, vocal and that's it. Kind of like Van Morrison Astral Weeks style. Then for mine add all the stuff in (to hide me!). hahah

Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas, man. Who was supposed to be the female singer for Nirvana? I was a huge fan but yet never heard that story.

no female singer, just split into two sides (when tapes were still around) with side A being the boy side and side B being the girl side.

"His initial plan was to break the album up into a “boy” side and a “girl” side. The “girl” side would consist of songs like “Teen Spirit,” “Drain You,” and “Lounge Act,” most inspired by Cobain’s unrequited crushes of that time. The “boy” side would contain a variety of songs, including “In Bloom,” which was written for his best friend Dylan Carlson."

- True or False? 8 Myths About Nirvana?s ?Nevermind? | SPIN - Page 2

there are many sources, but I just grabbed the first one that came up in a google search

I remember this one. I think you're version, albeit a bit pitchy is the better version. The GF's version is lacking conviction. I like the fade out

I remember this one. I think you're version, albeit a bit pitchy is the better version. The GF's version is lacking conviction. I like the fade out

Thanks, Bulls! When you say lacks conviction, do you mean she is hesitant in delivery or lacks emotion?

She can certainly sing but yeah the delivery is a bit hesitant, like she's singing inside herself, or hasn't warmed up yet. Was it a first take?

She can certainly sing but yeah the delivery is a bit hesitant, like she's singing inside herself, or hasn't warmed up yet. Was it a first take?

Thanks for clarifying.
It was the 3rd take. I don't like to do more than 3 so we stopped there. I hear it, too, and it's intuitively making me unsure about using her vocal. Hm, I'll think it over but thanks for the ears on it.

Vocal vs vocal is a production question, not a mixing question. Regardless, why not make it a duet? Trade off phrases or something and get the best of both worlds.

Back