Opinions on mymix so far :)

I thought the guitars and keys sounded pretty good. Drums were pretty good too. Low end seemed good to me. Not a lot of definition on the bass, but not too bad. I liked the lead guitar stuff.

Not sure what the delay-type vocal effects were, but I personally didn't care for them. They just garbled everything. I couldn't understand the lyrics and the effects didn't really enhance anything. For a song like this, I wouldn't do much vocal processing.

I thought the bass guitar had the right amount of low end and its level was fine. To a slight extent, I thought one note kind of blended in with the next. Hence my comment about a slight lack of definition. But it wasn't real bad by any means. It's probably more a playing style thing than a mixing thing.

Hi! I liked it. I did like the weird vocal effects. But I may tend to overdue those things myself, so...
When it started I thought it was dragging a little. But then I got used to it. I like the tone of your voice and also the style of singing here.

Cool tune, but I agree with Trip that the vocals are somewhat buried. I get its a style thing, but its very hard to make out any of the words. Overall nice job.

Thanks for the comments guys ;) Is it just the delay that is putting you off? Or the reverb as well? There is also some distortion that comes in, just on the lines 'Back & Forth, Up & Down'. Maybe I should remove that as well?

I'm just thinking the level should be higher, or find a way to mix the vocals so they can be heard better. Maybe just dialing down the effects will do it.

I don't mind the effects on the vocals, although I feel the delay could be wider on the 'Back & Forth, Up & Down' part.

Have you done some mastering to this or anything added to the master bus. Sounds a little hot to me overall or maybe it's the rumbling bass. Something sounds off, I just can't put my finger on it.

I dig the song though, it's got a good vibe to it. :thumbs up:

I don't mind the effects on the vocals, although I feel the delay could be wider on the 'Back & Forth, Up & Down' part.

Have you done some mastering to this or anything added to the master bus. Sounds a little hot to me overall or maybe it's the rumbling bass. Something sounds off, I just can't put my finger on it.

I dig the song though, it's got a good vibe to it. :thumbs up:

Got a Mix Bus with an EQ on it with a HPF on it removing the lows, reducing around 400Hz and boosting around 3500kHz. Also have a multi-band compressor just on the lows, and a Real Tape Saturation on this bus. Could it be something to do with one of those? Maybe the lows are too loud.

Back