old school rock and roll

Jimi, Just listened to the re-re-mix. Really like what you have here!
I wonder what would happen if you changed the drum track from audience perspective to drummers perspective?
The panning sounds a bit wide on the drums which you may be going for, but I would like to hear the reversed perspective and pulled in a little tighter?

...I deleted a coupke of earlier mixes. I have this one in the OP.

I'm noticing more going on in the guitars in the 2-4khz area, or am I imagining things? Guitars a little more pierce-y than I remember. Maybe I'm wrong. Bass didn't hit as hard as I thought it did last time around. Or...since it's been a couple days, I'm not remembering what I heard accurately.

Jimi, Just listened to the re-re-mix. Really like what you have here!
I wonder what would happen if you changed the drum track from audience perspective to drummers perspective?
The panning sounds a bit wide on the drums which you may be going for, but I would like to hear the reversed perspective and pulled in a little tighter?
I appreciate you lending your ear Mr Magoo.
I'll give it shot. Thanks!

I'm noticing more going on in the guitars in the 2-4khz area, or am I imagining things? Guitars a little more pierce-y than I remember. Maybe I'm wrong. Bass didn't hit as hard as I thought it did last time around. Or...since it's been a couple days, I'm not remembering what I heard accurately.

Yeah, I lowerd the bass level because i wanted to hear more thump from the kick. The bass was burying it a little and the kick level was pretty high. So, i lowered the bass level a little and raised the kick up a hair. I fiddled with the eq settings on the kick...the bass eq is unchanged.

I had a vintage warmer vst on the guitar track previously. I took it off and changed the verb on the guitar.

Im probably going to redo the lead guitar track anyway.

Thanks for your help andrushkiwt!

Last edited:
Nice job Jimi. My only criticism is a couple of the snare hits are a bit behind. Mix sounds fine to me. The slide is excellent and you do an outstanding job on vocals. Nice tribute

Nice job Jimi. My only criticism is a couple of the snare hits are a bit behind. Mix sounds fine to me. The slide is excellent and you do an outstanding job on vocals. Nice tribute
Thanks for giving it a listen and the kind words. I am a beginner on drums and believe it or not it took several takes to get it this "good" (using the word loosly). I havent done any drum editing yet so, it's just like I played it at this point.

Sounded good. Like someone else mentioned "Very Chuck" on the guitar and in the choice of lyrics. I'm also "Old school" rockabilly. :)

The version in post number 24 gets my vote Jimi. I miss the bass line and I really can't hear any difference with the kick unless I max my sub out. The song screams for the walking bass line IMHO. In version 24, I don't even engage my sub it and it sounds great from my cans, Bose sound bar as well as my mons and desk top speakers. I am going to scrap your song and play it in my car this morning and see how it comes across there. But the truth be told, I would have paid for your first version posted! ;)

The version in post number 24 gets my vote Jimi. I miss the bass line and I really can't hear any difference with the kick unless I max my sub out. The song screams for the walking bass line IMHO. In version 24, I don't even engage my sub it and it sounds great from my cans, Bose sound bar as well as my mons and desk top speakers. I am going to scrap your song and play it in my car this morning and see how it comes across there. But the truth be told, I would have paid for your first version posted! ;)

Thanks.
I compared that mix with the new one and you may be right...the bass is hotter on that one and I think the vocal has a bit more presence.
maybe I ought to just call it a wrap and go with that previous mix mix.

I'm mixing on realistic optimus stereo speakers in an untreated room. it's hard to nail down the bottom end just right

Thanks.
I compared that mix with the new one and you may be right...the bass is hotter on that one and I think the vocal has a bit more presence.
maybe I ought to just call it a wrap and go with that previous mix mix.

I'm mixing on realistic optimus stereo speakers in an untreated room. it's hard to nail down the bottom end just right

First of all, GREAT SPEAKERS! I am going to assume they are vintage. My next statement may sound arrogant Jimmi, but I promise you, it is not meant to come across that way. It is simply to give you the respect you deserve. Your music in my car was pure bliss!

Brother, I have been blessed to associated with Producers who have actually won their Emmy Nominations as well as the studios that they have worked out of. I have been invited to sit in when the finial cut was being made and the parties where in full swing. My only purpose was to keep my ears open and my mouth shut till the Artists left the room. My job was not to instruct or advise with anything concerning the talent, simply where the finial product would go from that point forward.

It is my honest opinion, and I have no desire to insult any member of this community that is a Mastering Engineer, you would be wasting your money to send the mix on post 24, to anyone, to have it tweaked. The fact you did it off of Radio Shack speakers in an UN-Treated Room, is what should give members in this community, hope, that they may be able to do the same, providing they have the talent, that you most definitely posses! They just need to realize it does not come in 2 or 3 weeks, as I am sure you will attest to. Your talent is amazing and you should be signed!

Thanks.
I compared that mix with the new one and you may be right

I have no idea where you want to take your music career. However, I just got off the phone with the owner of one of the studios I am allowed to play around in. I sent them your SC link for your song in this post. Just so you know, this is the same studio/producer that is under contract with Adel. I have no reason to blow smoke up your ass!

Two Billion hits on her video.

I make no promises other then to get you to the people who know people. If you post your stems or PM me the wav files, I will simply pass them on. It's on me. I will cover all cost and ask for nothing in return! They will master it it or say, Dana, run with it. Like I said, you need to be signed!

This was my last invite. This band went stellar after this exposure and I am the guy that is never seen in the video. I will give you the owners name if you PM me and want his private number, just to verify my post. It was a hell of a ride!

I have no idea where you want to take your music career. However, I just got off the phone with the owner of one of the studios I am allowed to play around in. I sent them your SC link for your song in this post. Just so you know, this is the same studio/producer that is under contract with Adel. I have no reason to blow smoke up your ass!

Two Billion hits on her video.

I make no promises other then to get you to the people who know people. If you post your stems or PM me the wav files, I will simply pass them on. It's on me. I will cover all cost and ask for nothing in return! They will master it it or say, Dana, run with it. Like I said, you need to be signed!

This was my last invite. This band went stellar after this exposure and I am the guy that is never seen in the video. I will give you the owners name if you PM me and want his private number, just to verify my post. It was a hell of a ride!

Thanks for the offer bro, but im 57 years old and way past the marketability age that record companies sign artist's.
:)

Sounds great! I listened to both mixes and i like the second less bassy one (first post). Guitar sounds better in the second one, i like the tone, not too distorted but thick and good sustain. I'll have to search but what is the guitar, semi hollow? At first i was thinking Paul Reed Smith, but it has a resonance? I think you should turn up the slide in the second? verse, introduce something new each verse, which you're doing but that slide is kinda buried until the last verse when you're playing higher. Vocals sound nice and bluesy, performance sounds good. Mix cuts off abruptly. Overall mix sounded great, the first one sounded more open and natural, but the second mix seem to fit the vibe of the tune, either one the song was coming across just fine. Nice work, and The U.S.A. is pretty awesome isn't it?

Back