Objective opinion please, don't be too nice, don't be too hard, be honest please.

Sounds very Green Day, late 90's punk.
The mix is very well done with everything in it's place:)
The salute to the past was really cool, I won't spoil it for others:D

Well done effort.

Me likey.
Are you singing "this is where i threw up"?
tell us a little about the process. What was your recording setup etc?

Yeah, sometimes he sings "throw up" instead of "grow up". Inside jokes I suppose :D

Well, about the recording process,I don't know if I dare to tell you guys. Only if you swear not to laugh.
Well, here we go

We started to record the drums. In Cubase. On my td-6 electronic drumset. :s Then we seperated every track and recorded every track as "clicks" in Protools. Then I used the soundreplacer plugin and thanx to Bob Clearmountain we got our kick snare and toms alive. Then I put up my cymbals with two haifeng overhead mics and a bleu baby bottle as hh-mic. And played them together with the soundreplaced tracks.
Then we started recording guitars on the POD. :s And the bass also.
Vocals are all sang in twice. With the bottle.

This we all did in my friends' brothers room with some matrasses and sheets to make the vocals sound dry enough and a cable to his room("the "control" room ;) ).

The drum technique is something we found out ourselves and it still needs some tuning.

Afterwards, some cleaning and mixing et voila.

Last edited:
Atari,

Great kick ass tune and recording!

Everything sound right level and eq wise as far as I can tell.

About the only thing that stood out to me was the overall dryness of the track. It seemed like there was little to no reverb on anything. Perhaps the guitars could have used a bit of it to smooth over the POD effect on them.

The only other thing that comes to mind is a bit of a lower mid-range honk to the overall eq around 800hz. Maybe notch that back about a db or two and it should be perfect.

Beyond that, there's precious little to moan about here.

Great stuff!

Cheers! :)

Back