numetalish song, my first original upload...check it

zed32

Re-Attached Member
alright folks, here's a song i've been working on almost all week that's finally pretty much finished. this is i think the first serious original tune that i've posted here, and probably the first time i've let my singing voice be heard in public, haha. couldn't find anyone else to sing, and my voice is really pitchy, so i just covered it up with a ton of FX. :o

here's the link:
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5556674&q=hi

i really focused more on the sound of the song then on the actual song itself. but then in the end, i sacrificed sound quality to try and achieve commercial metal levels. go figure, haha.

oh, and my musical influences are probably waaay too obvious on this song, i hope it's not a total rip off of some song that's already been made. i'm always afraid that every song i make sounds like something thats already out there...

that was 2 weeks ago. I'm on dialup speeds now, but it goes til 20 seconds then stops and goes back to the start...

hmmm, i dunno, i'm able to play it off the link from here. maybe try closing the browser and re-loading?

do you have the lo fi link?

i refuse to post the lo-fi link on the grounds that Soundclicks lo-fi streams absolutely SUCK ASS. it's not even stereo. and it'll make me look worse than i already am haha. i'll upload an alternate link on AcidPlanet for you in a second, you can stream WMA which sounds better than Soundclick's shitty stream.

i refuse to post the lo-fi link on the grounds that Soundclicks lo-fi streams absolutely SUCK ASS. it's not even stereo. and it'll make me look worse than i already am haha. i'll upload an alternate link on AcidPlanet for you in a second, you can stream WMA which sounds better than Soundclick's shitty stream.

i dont give a fuck about quality, my speakers hardly work anyway. i just want to hear the song

That's good, sounds a lot like a deftones song though...nah just kidding, it's good. I like it.

haha thanks. i figure if Deftones aren't gonna make songs that sound like Deftones anymore, then i will. i was really aiming for something that sounds like it came off of White Pony, so i guess i kinda got what i was lookin for, :p

did you do the screams too?

yeah. i'm not a very good screamer haha, i wish i could go crazy like some people but i guess it's not in my voice. i tracked the screams in 4 layers, and by the end of the day i had a HUGE headache. was fun though.

i'd love to be in a band that plays music like that, like Metal but without the double-kicking. i like the old 90's screamy music, but i couldn't do that shit for more than 20 minutes at a time without dying.

yeah. i'm not a very good screamer haha, i wish i could go crazy like some people but i guess it's not in my voice. i tracked the screams in 4 layers, and by the end of the day i had a HUGE headache. was fun though.

are you mental? they're awesome! they have balls. I....like balls.

are you mental? they're awesome! they have balls. I....like balls.

well you would know a thing or two about balls.

the only reason it sounds cool is cuz they are quadruple layered, then run through some distortion and HEAVY compression FX. if you heard me scream like in a live performance it's kinda weak.

lead guitar harmonies?

i noticed the intro is kinda long, it doesn't get into the vox until 45 seconds into the song. i'm plum out of ideas though, as far as adding shit. i'm already working on the next one, hehe it's gonna be faster paced and probably heavier and with a cooler (more manly) vocal melody.

UPDATE:
oh, and i think the original Soundclick link might have been messed up. i went into the "Band Administration" page, and it said there was some sort of error uploading the song, which i didn't catch before. so i fixed it and the link should work now. so it wasn't just watermelon's computer.

Back