Now I'm Walking - Video

Bass sounds great in spite of the shitty YouTube audio quality.

What software did ya use to produce your videoclip?

Thanks!

I used good old Windows Movie Maker on Vista. I think its a fine program if you want to load vids up with effects. Shot w/ a Canon 530 digicam. The audio I recorded on my Tascam DP-01. The song was my latest attempt at mastering, so it benefitted from me learning(some) and advice from peeps here.

I really concentrated on the bass for this tune. It drives the song. I used my bastard 5-String with old EMG Selects direct through my Zoom PS02.

I'm still looking for that Jack Bruce midrangy growl though. ;)

Matty

Much better audio that the previous - well done.
The vid is fine - I'm not so fussed on the spoken bits - one particularly sounded like you were taen the mickey out of your own song.
I use WMM in XP but it doesn't offer the colour saturation options etc. I'll have to look for an update.
The drums could do with a wider stero spread - overall though a significant improvement on the last flick's audio.
Why don't you post the audio 1st?
have a squiz at my WMM based flick - I only used bits n piece from the web to edit together to make mine as I don't have a vid camera. Give me some ideas/comment/direction on how to improve them please.

Thanks. I've learned alot on mixing here & elsewhere, and I feel my ear is good. I've just scratched the surface though. My hyperness doesn't help. I want the song done!! I need to master the ways of the Jedi Mixer.

Did post: https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=282367
No biggie. I've been posting alot.

I just got one of those Lexicon Alpha devices, so hopefully I can fatten up my drum & bass sound on everything with some tricks I want to try. Looking forward to extra non-bounced tracks for rythem section & vocals.

I enjoy the video stuff almost as much as music. Love to view yer vid. Can you link me?

Matty

Matty,
click the utub link below my signature/band logo & that'll take you to one of them - you can then use the links on the page to get to the others. Some have the HQ option and some need you to add &fmt=18 to get it - you'll know by the HQ or not in the bottom R corner.
Sorry I missed the audio post!

Matty,
click the utub link below my signature/band logo & that'll take you to one of them - you can then use the links on the page to get to the others. Some have the HQ option and some need you to add &fmt=18 to get it - you'll know by the HQ or not in the bottom R corner.
Sorry I missed the audio post!

I watched Sewer/Night out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX_1z3Ha9kE
Had done so before, off of soundclick I guess. Not bad.
Suggestion - 'blend' yer clips by having them overlap each other by a few millimeters in WMM. Even 1 mm makes the tranny smoother. Also fade them in & out, to white or black. Makes things flow better. You get some cool blended shots too. Like some of the crowd/fire shots would look cool blended. Maybe. You'll judge that.

I make use of the 'grayscale' effect, then add color, like sepia to that. Crisper, to my eyes. Also the 'filmgrain'. I just like it. And I combine 'watercolor', 'threshhold', & 'postlize'(sp) in weird ways. I get some neat stuff. 'blur', 'warp', & '3D shimmy' also.

One way to get vids & pics easy with no cam is a cell phone. I use mine a lot. I just email them to myself.

I know nuttin'! Thanks!
Matty

Back