"No Air Nowhere"...Say that 10 times fast...:D

This is one of those tunes that, if it even made it on an album, it would be the second to last tune on side 2. :D

I can see it being a "B Side" song, but it doesn't take away that it is still a good song.

Thanx a lot. Maybe it's not as bad as I think. But sometimes a song that's a few years old is hard to listen to objectively. Instead of hearing the tune, I just hear an "OLD" tune. Hard to explain, but I'm having trouble enjoying this one. I usually like my own music. This one's too "happy" or something. I hate "happy" songs. :eek:

My problem is that I have trouble scrapping older stuff. I almost feel like I don't want to waste this riff or that riff...or that's a good groove, I don't want to scrap it. I've got to learn to either let go, or write better tunes. :D

This is one of those tunes that, if it even made it on an album, it would be the second to last tune on side 2. :D

I think you should have more confidence in the song. It's an impressive piece.

I liked the original version too. :thumbs up:

Well, you're half right. It is a piece...of what is a matter opinion. :D

I really don't have much I can say. I thought it sounded real good. Tone on everything is good.

About all I can say is I might lower the snare a little bit. But I'm not even sure about that. You might just leave everything where it is.

It sounded great.

Awesome Trip, thanx.

Well, maybe this song will end up being a great song by page 7. It sucked on page 1 and seems to be getter better with every page. :D

All you have to do is say that it's being nominated for a grammy next year and we'll be at page 10 in no time.

Where's the newest version, the original post is unedited?

All you have to do is say that it's being nominated for a grammy next year and we'll be at page 10 in no time.
Hehe...Yeah, but I have to disguise it in the form of a humble "Thanx to the community". What a joke. :laughings:

Where's the newest version, the original post is unedited?
There is no newest version. Just better listeners. :D

Hmm, I didn't think it sucked on page 1. I point out that my bass player ears didn't hear enough bass and kick (but who listens to bass players anyway? :)), and everything else was positive, except the volume of the snare (which has been pointed out since/didn't understand the comment about the snare being thin that was before mine).

I really love everything you do. Your mixes are distinctly you! Keep going, we'll keep listening. :listeningmusic:

I really love everything you do. Your mixes are distinctly you! Keep going, we'll keep listening. :listeningmusic:
Thanx man.

I was joking around. If anyone said it sucks, it was me. I want nothing but honest critiques, not slaps on the back, so don't take my subsequent sarcasm as anything but an attempt at humor by me. :)

I have this on repeat....The vocals might have too much reverb - they're loud enough but everything else sounds more upfront/dry. Not sure though....

I like that cool slide down on the guitar :)

I did a song years ago with the line 'everybody talking at me'. It was good. Not as rocky as this one, though.

My first impression was that it was bass light with hyped highs. So I dl'ed it and bunged it into my daw and took a look at the frequency spectrum in my EQ plugin. The verdict? It's completely respectable. I messed with a highpass to see where your cutoff was and it's completely spot on. I don't get it. This comes across as bright to me, but the the EQ readout says it's a completely balanced frequency spectrum. Hm. I think I need new ears. Either that, or you're making things bright (like the snare) that most people don't make so bright and so it comes across as bright.

Nice tune, is all I got to say at this point. I have nothing to offer but my confusion. lol

If you redid the vocal, it worked.

I like the tune. But, I really enjoyed Schwarzenyaeger mistaking Greta Garbo for breaded garbo....and the Bubba Po seriously explaining what breaded garbo is. ( I think he was thinking of breaded carp)

Do people actually eat carp? I always thought carp was the scummiest fish in the lake and nobody who wasn't starving would even consider eating it. Maybe if you use the right breadcrumbs...

Song has perfect playing and timing, as is the norm for your stuff. Great vocals, and again excellent harmonizing at the chorus. Though I'm not listening on good speakers, the levels all sound right to me for this kind of song. Is the mix in your first post the same one you posted originally? I hear plenty of bass.

Perhaps you should "Weird Al" your own song and sing about breaded carp. Still can't believe people eat that shit.

Back