Night & Day ,Yet more Fidlgo Swing

Cellar Rat

Want to thank all again who have given me feed back on the mixes that I have posted for this project , that being said , here is the next song , Night & day . There is a "buzz" in the first part of the guitar solo , most likely a finger flub , that I am going to try to get rid of , thought I had it ,but it's still there . Had to fade song out early due to file size restrictions , so the end is faded out. Thanks again.
View attachment Night & Day w fade.mp3
Side note , I have realized that I have put quite a few mixes up for comment, and have gotten valuable feed back but , haven't really given much back into the forum as far as input on other members posts ; possibly due my feeling that my knowledge base is quite low compared to other members . Even so , It occurs to me that this a bit one sided on my part , to say the least . I am going to make a concerted effort in the future to be more active .
Thanks again.

Not a big fan of the guitar tone, did he use a compressor pedal? I like the song, i know this from Frank Sinatra reprise years...amazing stuff. I think all the players are good and the singing is good and the recording and mix is good. However my thought as i listened was that things could be panned around and given more sense of space and depth. If i were mixing this i would bust out a couple of reverbs-pan the percussion and vocals center-guitar bass %50 l/r and soloists center or slightly off. Just my opinions and preferences of course, sounds like you captured the group well.

Thanks for the feed back Stratomaster , He didn't use a comp pedal on the guitar , it was captured going DI out of a Quilter amp . All I did was some EQ cuts to get rid of some resonance . This is the 1st run through static mix , and going to play around with the panning , verb and automation. Thanks again for the input.

The vocal is maybe a touch loud. It should be in front of everything else. But this is just a bit too far.

If you could brighten up the rhythm guitar it would be nice. Maybe roll off some low end. Maybe a gentle boost in the upper midrange.

Nice guitar soloing.

Back