Nigel Farrage Blues

JDOD

therecordingrebels.com
Still playing stuff which is way outside my usual genre - need to get back to punk and grunge after this!

This came about 'cos I came up with the initial lead lick, which I thought sounded a) quite cool and, b) a little like Parisian Walkways. So I just worked out what chords I was hearing in my head as I played it... and here it is.

View attachment Nigel Farrage Blues.mp3

Good tones all around (I might have shot a bit more grind on the arpeggiated guitar. )
Very crisp and clean. No volume issues forward or back. Maybe a +1 dB on the hats...Well, the second solo bit (starting around 2:30) is a bit piercing, but I'm not sure if that's tone or too much volume.
LOVE that bass tone. Crisp, yet ballsy. :)

those rollings snares, ghost notes, whatever they are, seem to die out very fast. it's a bunch of quick "clicks" when i think some room and space to them would be more appropriate and fill out the sound in those verses. the actual, loud snare hits sound very good, it's just those quick ones that bug me.

great tones, like Broken said. good stuff dude

Cheers, needed to get this one out if the way quickly cos the riff wouldn't stop playing itself whenever I picked my guitar up!

I have a very rare chance to listen loud today, sounds great, really well balanced to my ears, can definately hear Gary Moore's influence, there are a couple of guitar nores at around 1:39 that jarr? It could just be a sustained note that goes on too long? You always manage to get great programmed drum sounds, must take a lot of time?

I have a very rare chance to listen loud today, sounds great, really well balanced to my ears, can definately hear Gary Moore's influence, there are a couple of guitar nores at around 1:39 that jarr? It could just be a sustained note that goes on too long? You always manage to get great programmed drum sounds, must take a lot of time?

Ah, that's probably when the first diminished Bm chord comes in. I think I wasn't expecting it first time around and fucked it up. Cheers.

Drums don't take me that long actually. I spent years not using a MIDI drummer and built my beats by individually placing separate beat samples and different tracks. EZ Drummer is a simple in comparison

all sounds pretty balanced to me...I like the drums, dont sound too canned to me

only need to wailing about brexit on top of it all ;)

all sounds pretty balanced to me...I like the drums, dont sound too canned to me

only need to wailing about brexit on top of it all ;)

I would do! But this is so far down my "to do" list of vocals I'll probably never get there. Its even the second on the list of comedy Brexit songs!

I thought things sounded really good. I liked the tone on the guitars and bass. I might nudge up the bass just a bit.

Drums sound good - good samples.

It goes on a while. Could use a vocal, despite it being far down on your list of to-do's. :)

I like it and don't think it needs vocals. There's a sort of endless broodiness to that I think suits the topic, even though I didn't know what the topic was till I googled it.

Cheers guys, maybe I'll get around to some limited vox on one day. Finishing my punk tracks is more important to me right now though and I'm doing a collab with another forum member.

Jessica, apologies for getting you to look up farrage. The guy is a special kind of twat.

the guitar solo stands out right from the beginning,
and seems a bit tentative....
the drums seem very basic, like a programmed kit without editing any of the riffs..
even tho it's a slow blues, the drums should have some fills, and especially change ups on the kick drum,
so that it doesn't feel so static....
the drums seem a bit weak, or at least the snare should come up a good bit, to provide that 'smack' on the '4' count of the total 6.

it's an interesting chord change, but then just keeps repeating, and never goes anywhere

i think this needs a vocal to pull it all together,
as an instrumental, it just rambles.

nice bass tones, and i dig the arpeggios later in the song

The bass seems to lean over with the toms.
I like it JDOD. It's a rambling blues song not a wail, but a brood as in only 3 pints in rather than at 7.
I like the drum program - the song isn't about flash drum fills.
Tentative lines are part of emotive playing - if every line was pushed and string the next complaint would be about a lack of emotional dynamics.

The bass seems to lean over with the toms.
I like it JDOD. It's a rambling blues song not a wail, but a brood as in only 3 pints in rather than at 7.
I like the drum program - the song isn't about flash drum fills.
Tentative lines are part of emotive playing - if every line was pushed and string the next complaint would be about a lack of emotional dynamics.

Cheers, Ray. I think I said earlier - I'm not trying to do this one to death. That first riff was just stuck under my fingers and I had to work out the chords to go with it 'cos it was annoying me. Aside from that first riff it was all very adlibbed anyway.

Back