Newest Piece - "All Those Lessons We've Forgotten"

Indeed. I think it's really irritating. But then it occurred to me that it fits right into the message of the song. It's like the fake gloss that the song challenges.

You get me. The whole opening is pure schmaltz.

---------- Update ----------

Thanks Luke!

I'm none too keen on the disco Kiss hihat intro - it could've changed sooner.
I like the lyrics - reads like the headlines in Australia at present.

I've several Facebook friends from N.Z. and Australia ... and I get to witness the similar frustrations with the rule of money.

Depends what you're aiming for. Depends on your mix values. Do you want to photoshop *all* the moles off the photo of the girl's face? Recently I was playing around with a pitch correction plugin. Pretty amazing what they can do. But I found that if I brought every bum note completely into true that it ruined the song somehow. I think it's cuz of this: autotune the shit out of something and it makes it boring. Leave the warts in and it sounds real. Dealer's choice.

I think the trick with the pitch plugins is to n-u-d-g-e notes, not bring them completely into true. If they need more than that, you should just re-track the part.

My philosophy too.

YOu know the more I listen to people's original music the more I am enlightened by how much talent there is out there. This is not my type of music but I think it is very well done. It has an unusual sound to a....almost show theme kind of thing. I don't know..... anyways. Musically I like it all. The drums could come up a bit.....Vocally is where to me this needs to be cleaned up....More concise.....Some pitch correction etc... The vocal seems tooo loose.

Overall great job!

Thanks Yorgo! Points noted ... and appreciated!

Back