New Underground rap track

Newtunes

If you're into flow and choir instrumentals you should give it a try. Obviously not the best quality but I tried my best with what i have.
YouTube

Last edited:
What mic are you using? What room are you recording in?

That vocal is waaaaay too dark and muddy for the track. Plus you're plosives are out of control.
You can probably get better results with your gear. It's just a matter of figuring out how to best use it.

feedback is appreciated.

The recording app's default settings lead to lower than normal quality and you def have to listen to it in HD(still better than Audacity that didn't even record audio without delay)
I've achieved better results in the past using a different app. I wanted to see what I can achieve in a quick recording session and I also didn't back up any words so the results could be better overall. Other than that I want it to sound like that, just cleaner.

Last edited:
App? So are you recording on a tablet or phone then?

Are you using an external microphone and/or audio interface?

The backing track sounds decent, but the vocals are not sitting right. I agree they sound very muddy and are distorting as well. It sounds like you were too close to the microphone. A pop filter will be a big help to eliminate the plosives.

Back