New tune, yeah!

kcearl

I see deaf people
My outputs up to two a year now lol

bloody kids :)

kicks a bit clicky, and its more kick than bassline...seemed to translate well on both my cars stereos

Cool! I enjoyed this immensely.

I stumbled upon this last night on soundcloud, probably shortly after you posted it. Listening through a few more times now.

The piano parts sound very familiar to me for some reason. I kind of feel like I know some track from the '90's that had very similar parts, but I can't remember what it was called. Anyway, I love how it keeps changing and I think sonically it all holds together well. Lots of cool surprises along the way.

As usual, I don't have much mix advice for you I'm afraid. I mean, I never would have thought of using any of these sounds or processing them in this way, but the sum total of it all sounds very pleasing throughout.

I love the intro, but when that old track is at it's most muffled at the very beginning and the end of the intro, it has some unpleasant harshness to it. That disappears though when it is less muffled and the swirly effects take over. Cool panning there. Anyway...I like it!

I thought it was a cool track. I like the old song at the beginning and the way it transitioned to your music.

There is a synth part - kind of a lead-ish part at the beginning - that is a little harsh sounding.

Still trying to determine if I like the Atari sounding synth. Kind of a cool thing I suppose.

Everything else is good. Well put together tune.

Cool composition. I hear what you mean about the clicky kick. It got on my nerves just a bit after a while. I thought I detected a pop from a rough edit in the intro--my imagination? Don't have any specific mix advice to give. I love Electronica for the subtlety of its soundscapes and the way a good piece takes you on a journey. This one does a good job at that. I've thought about trying my hand at it, but the technology learning curve would probably kill my inspiration.

Yeah the piano reminds me of something..dammit. Second listen still can't get it. It's gonna bug me now. Some of the percussion noises remind me of early 80s electronica, Ultravox, Scritti Politti sounds. Chilled out cool piece

You have a cute bottom - end - KC.
It's always fat & round but not mushy.
I LOVE the title.
The synth is cool string cheese.
I didn't want it to end.
This is as far as I've gone in terms of acquiring gear in the synth world...

Sweet: a little bit of Motown at the start - I was born on that lovely music. The only clicky part I'm hearing is that synth keyboard ...

I like your imagination! And the first time through, I heard lyrics in certain parts, but now they're gone out of my head - was enjoying your work too much. This is just lush and alive, that's all I can say.

Thanks for taking time from the kids!

Cool! I enjoyed this immensely.

I stumbled upon this last night on soundcloud, probably shortly after you posted it. Listening through a few more times now.

The piano parts sound very familiar to me for some reason. I kind of feel like I know some track from the '90's that had very similar parts, but I can't remember what it was called. Anyway, I love how it keeps changing and I think sonically it all holds together well. Lots of cool surprises along the way.

As usual, I don't have much mix advice for you I'm afraid. I mean, I never would have thought of using any of these sounds or processing them in this way, but the sum total of it all sounds very pleasing throughout.

I love the intro, but when that old track is at it's most muffled at the very beginning and the end of the intro, it has some unpleasant harshness to it. That disappears though when it is less muffled and the swirly effects take over. Cool panning there. Anyway...I like it!

Thanks Heat...I saw your soundcloud name and forgot it was you until I listened to a track.

Yeah theres a lot of tape noise at the beginning, it disappears when the full track kicks in. I tried to compress the intro and it just brought it out more...but Im kinda ok with imperfections nowadays.

Dunno about the piano, I was farting about with my korg kross and built the song around that chord progression, could be anything mind you, it has that familiar sound.

I thought it was a cool track. I like the old song at the beginning and the way it transitioned to your music.

There is a synth part - kind of a lead-ish part at the beginning - that is a little harsh sounding.

Still trying to determine if I like the Atari sounding synth. Kind of a cool thing I suppose.

Everything else is good. Well put together tune.

yeah I kept thinking it was the volume of the synth that was making it harsh...I think it might be the MX300 I ran my prophet through...not great FX but Im trying to stay outboard.

As for the atari synth, I have zero plan when I start something...I doubt anyone would keep that in lol...I just chuck it all in together :)

Thanks for the comments

Yeah the piano reminds me of something..dammit. Second listen still can't get it. It's gonna bug me now. Some of the percussion noises remind me of early 80s electronica, Ultravox, Scritti Politti sounds. Chilled out cool piece

It a Vermona DRM drum synth...hard to get to sound modern, easy to get to sound vintage...and knobs a plenty :D

If Ive plagerized the piano part I blame Melania Trumps speech writers lol

You have a cute bottom - end - KC.
It's always fat & round but not mushy.
I LOVE the title.
The synth is cool string cheese.
I didn't want it to end.
This is as far as I've gone in terms of acquiring gear in the synth world...

Het Ray...the title comes from the time my mother hit my father with a swan shaped glass ashtray when I was a kid...you know those 70's green glass ornaments that everybody seemed to have. The tunes meant to be an argument...I get carried away a bit lol

Glad you liked it mate, how do you get on with the tenori? pretty cool thing

Cool composition. I hear what you mean about the clicky kick. It got on my nerves just a bit after a while. I thought I detected a pop from a rough edit in the intro--my imagination? Don't have any specific mix advice to give. I love Electronica for the subtlety of its soundscapes and the way a good piece takes you on a journey. This one does a good job at that. I've thought about trying my hand at it, but the technology learning curve would probably kill my inspiration.

I added that click just before I stuck it on soundcloud because you couldnt hear it on small speakers...always fiddling with things when it should be left alone

I havent detected a pop...but that records getting routed through my modular and the volumes dont match so maybe my car stereo doesnt pick it up (I have no monitors set up nowadays)

synths can be beasts if you really want to get the best out of them...Im still at amateur level for anything other than routine patches. I small modular is always something Id recommend, as its fun just connecting cables and having happy accidents!

Sweet: a little bit of Motown at the start - I was born on that lovely music. The only clicky part I'm hearing is that synth keyboard ...

I like your imagination! And the first time through, I heard lyrics in certain parts, but now they're gone out of my head - was enjoying your work too much. This is just lush and alive, that's all I can say.

Thanks for taking time from the kids!

I collect rare soul 45's...thats Herbert Hunter - I was born to love you...big on the northern soul scene back in the day...my fave genre

Thanks for the nice comments. It seemed a bit tame when I tracked it but I was listening in the car, in the sun, and it really grew on me.

Kids are a hassle but way more important than this hobby ;)

Cool!

I'm not hearing the clickiness on the kick actually. The snare and high-hat are certainly clicky, but they have that chiptunes "let's try to emulate a drum with nothing but random noise and square waves" tone.

I noticed the tape hiss, but figured there wasn't much that could be done about it.

The fade at the end felt a little inconsistent, like it went out and then came back in just a little.

Overall, really cool tho. Super chill.

This is interesting and cool - not noticing anything that stands out as being obviously wrong. The whole thing is a really cool soundscape, you can hear everything, you don't feel like anything is too loud or that you want anything else to be louder.

Cool!

I'm not hearing the clickiness on the kick actually. The snare and high-hat are certainly clicky, but they have that chiptunes "let's try to emulate a drum with nothing but random noise and square waves" tone.

I noticed the tape hiss, but figured there wasn't much that could be done about it.

The fade at the end felt a little inconsistent, like it went out and then came back in just a little.

Overall, really cool tho. Super chill.

You know I wanted to do one of those fadeouts where theres a hint of a guitar solo and you wish the track kept going on? fade outs are much missed in my musical world lol

The drum synth has zero chance of emulating any real drum...for this its great, but its a one trick pony really...so I dont even try to give it a complicated track, just play in a few bars and let it loop...its fully analog wo theres some inconsistency, but not much.

glad you liked it though mate and thanks for the listen

This is interesting and cool - not noticing anything that stands out as being obviously wrong. The whole thing is a really cool soundscape, you can hear everything, you don't feel like anything is too loud or that you want anything else to be louder.

thanks man...It doesnt really go anywhere..I feel like my last track was an attempt at being so epic folks thought it was a 6 minute intro lol

It was nice just to track something simple

Dunno about the piano, I was farting about with my korg kross and built the song around that chord progression, could be anything mind you, it has that familiar sound.

It's a really cool part though. It makes the track imo. If I could find that other track I might find that they aren't that similar actually. There's only so many different sounds you can squeeze out of a piano.

It's a really cool part though. It makes the track imo. If I could find that other track I might find that they aren't that similar actually. There's only so many different sounds you can squeeze out of a piano.

Im starting to revisit a lot of Mogwai...have you heard much of their stuff?

Im starting to revisit a lot of Mogwai...have you heard much of their stuff?

None at all...just googling them...looks interesting. I'll check it out - thanks.

EDIT: Listening to Take Me Somewhere Nice right now...really nice. Super sad, but I like it. Great textures.

Back