New tune - "The New World"

famous beagle

This is another one that was posted as a demo years ago, but now we've recorded it for real. Any comments are welcome.

Thanks for listening.

Attachments

• 05 The New World.mp3
    5.1 MB · Views: 52
I like the song. All your stuff sounds good. Bit of an 80s vibe to it; I miss the days when guitar-driven pop was what you heard on the radio. I'll have to listen to it on my monitors to offer anything useful about the mix.

Excellent. Vocal could come up. Then again, I like the guitars and the guitars are the main thing competing with the vocal. So I'm conflicted, heh. Objectively though, bring up the vocal. The drummer's performance is great on this. Please don't tell me the drums are software.

I like the song. All your stuff sounds good. Bit of an 80s vibe to it; I miss the days when guitar-driven pop was what you heard on the radio. I'll have to listen to it on my monitors to offer anything useful about the mix.

Thanks! Yep, this one's guitar-driven for sure. :)

---------- Update ----------

Excellent. Vocal could come up. Then again, I like the guitars and the guitars are the main thing competing with the vocal. So I'm conflicted, heh. Objectively though, bring up the vocal. The drummer's performance is great on this. Please don't tell me the drums are software.

Thanks for comments. Yes, real drums all the way. :)

hard panned guitars need to come down a little to allow the vocals some space.
They are also very bright & the acoustic adds to that.
Bass could use a tiny bit more of something - maybe bottom end as the track is light on in the derriere department.
Solo - a little loud the lines being played under it maybe should go over the side.
Mainly the overall brightness needs addressing.
COOL song & performance.

hard panned guitars need to come down a little to allow the vocals some space.
They are also very bright & the acoustic adds to that.
Bass could use a tiny bit more of something - maybe bottom end as the track is light on in the derriere department.
Solo - a little loud the lines being played under it maybe should go over the side.
Mainly the overall brightness needs addressing.
COOL song & performance.

Thanks very much for the listen and comments. I agree on the bass; it's a bit indistinct. I think the biggest problem is that he simply used the wrong tool for the job. He played with a pick on this one, but his bass had flatwounds on it, so I just don't think it had an aggressive enough sound. Interesting about the brightness of the guitars. I definitely can't hear that on any system I've listened, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if I've suffered some high-frequency hearing loss over the years. :)

It sounds good. I don't hear anything sticking out of place. Good performance and playing too. The retro guitar solo was cool too :D

Cool mix and song.

The only problem IMO is that the mix is kind of loud. Some people dont think thats a problem, but I do.

Nothing new to note. Great job! Actually the vocal isn't low except at the beginning.
I like the mix of guitar and synth blending on the solo. Especially the "Fly" esque bit at the end of the solo.
Second to last "again" sound like there was one bad note in the singing. Have to listen again. Nope, it's the third to last that sounds just a bit off on one of the harmonies...may be intentional. Just hits my ear wrong.

ido1957: Thanks for the listen. :) The dual leads are an SG with P90s and a Moog synth (can't remember the model).

FoulPhil: Thanks much!

CMolena: Thanks for the listen. Yes it is on the louder side for sure.

Broken_H: Thanks for the listen and kind words. I'll check out that vocal harmony to see if I hear what you're talking about.

Maybe just me as no one else mentioned it but, sounds like the lead before the final chorus is pretty centered. Since you have the other sort of backing lead going on to the left, I would maybe move the feature lead slightly more to the right. Not good enough at this yet to comment further. Nice track though.

Back