New tracks laid down w/ new band

For Soundcloud it's best to upload .wav files and let the site compress them. This site has an .mp3 upload function as well. I like that when I'm analyzing a mix because I can download it and run it through some tests.

In my opinion the cymbals/hihats are loud. They really overwhelm the rest of the band. I would turn them down at least 3dB, maybe 6dB.

For Soundcloud it's best to upload .wav files and let the site compress them. This site has an .mp3 upload function as well. I like that when I'm analyzing a mix because I can download it and run it through some tests.

I uploaded 192kbps MP3. Then SC does some sort of conversion on them. I like the .wav idea.

---------- Update ----------

In my opinion the cymbals/hihats are loud. They really overwhelm the rest of the band. I would turn them down at least 3dB, maybe 6dB.

Hmmm ... I did roll the cymbals down. I'll do it some more ... even though the drummer's gonna complain. :D

New mix on the links ... I really goofed up and had accidentally set a high pass filter up on the two buss in the last mix pass.

So I'm listening to all the band's mixes ... and I go to myself, "Why does You Monkeys sound so different. Where's the low end I was getting out of the other mixes?"

Whoops!

Everything under 200 cycles had been rolled off on the 2 bus. YIKES!!

lol ...

Hi, I'm Kev, and I'm an idiot. But I fixed it ... and did a lot of other new changes. I like this one MUCH better now.

Back